• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Test in England. Day 1. Gets Cook, Buttler and Stokes without any help from fielders.

So when people say 'Ashwin can bowl in the subcontinent' they probably mean 'Sometimes batsmen can lay bat on his deliveries outside the subcontinent on day 1 pitches'!

How is Harbhajan reacting btw? He has a history of acting like a jealous **** when Ash does well.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Curran looks like a proper batsman. So annoying.
As much as I think Miyagi deciding bowling allrounders are better batsmen than bowlers is fast becoming a meme... having followed Curran's junior rep career with some interest due to his Zimbabwe connections, people did typically think he'd end up a better batsman than bowler. I'm still not ruling that out.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fun day. Hardik the only crap bowler . Even Umesh was good after that terrible opening spell. Ishant was ok, Shami and Ashwin were awesome.

England kinda threw away a big big total one feels. As well as India bowled, several of those wickets were complete gifts, especially Root and Stokes.

vcs

Would have been perfect if Karthik had hung on to that one, good day nonetheless.

Mrpiggy

Banned
God that's made my day has that England shambles!! Haha. Jeez I couldn't believe it when I read it at 1st.

Absolutely & Utterly fu@@ing useless!

....But so so funny!!!!

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surreal how England blew that one. That collapse was something out of a desperate fan's imagination.

But it was a really good day to watch. Am so glad to watch some good test cricket (yes offence, SA-SL)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How is Harbhajan reacting btw? He has a history of acting like a jealous **** when Ash does well.
Found it all very interesting. Firstly, when he was bowling, they showed his close ups like is usual for bowlers. He went out of his way to say Ashwin bowls like this or that. Then they gave him a ball and he showed them how he does it, the carrom ball, or the off spinner's flipper, as he called it. First, he said he didn't know what the ball is called and then he knew every thing about the terminology etc as well.

After Ashwin had taken wickets, he appreciated Ashwin saying that he had stuck to the plan and bowled specific deliveries instead of trying lots of 'crazy deliveries' as he usually bowls, as he called it. He had shown maturity or whatever. It was an appreciation I would say.

Burner

International Regular
Watched the match until half an hour after lunch and I thought this was a road tbh. Good on India to get here.

Also a fair bit of England botching it, I would say. Definitely a 350+ par pitch imo.

Teja.

Global Moderator
It’s weird to see Comms talk about India ‘dominating’ the day etc.

India ended the day incredibly well but England have close to 300 on board on the first day on a non-pancake.

Overall, I think the day ended on a 60/40 to India which is very different from a landslide.

To paraphrase the great philosopher Ikki, words lose meaning when they’re used so loosely.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Same old story for England really. That said, the story for English cricket is simple. Pack their batting with as much as they can 1-9, give the ball to Broad and Anderson, hardly building for the future. Ashwin and Shami bowled beautifully.

vcs

Yeah good day for India, but not a huge advantage by any means. From what I've seen, it's fairly hard to score freely and hit lots of boundaries and bowlers are always in with a chance of taking wickets if they keep their disciplines. 60-40 is about right I think.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly, Root and Bairstow made it look easy.

India are ahead in the sense they have, imo, 3 batsmen who can do that - KL, Kohli, and Rahane. Let's see if they are able to tomorrow. Jimmy will love bowling here.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Surreal how England blew that one. That collapse was something out of a desperate fan's imagination.

But it was a really good day to watch. Am so glad to watch some good test cricket (yes offence, SA-SL)
Very predictable if you've followed England for a while tbh.