• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sure but the way things have changed and how **** ODI bowling now is, it more or less cancels out and then we're back to who was better compared to their peers.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Sure but the way things have changed and how **** ODI bowling now is, it more or less cancels out and then we're back to who was better compared to their peers.
Yes and no. The bowling is less of the issue for an older fart like me. It is the batting lacked intent back in the day.

Ponting points to Kluiesner in 99 in changing the big hitting and boundaries. Crowe himself opened in 1990/91 (made famous a couple of years later by Tendulkar) and sent his best mate him to open in Greatbatch in 1992 and slog (made more famous by Jayasuriya and Kalu in 1995).

The way batsmen play today isn't a surprise to the best and elite players of yesteryear, (seriously Gower was doing this stuff in 1983 and before). There were issues around dismissals back then that don't exist now. Getting caught holing out back then was a sin, now it's just part of the game. Not that Gower ever cared about commiting a sin in Australia.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
#3 in an ODI XI but he isn't better than his peers like Viv was. Who gives a **** about ODIs in 2018! I'll call him an ATG when he can handle an in swinger in tests :laugh:
You are a moron here for two reasons.

1. We are talking about ODIs and you are talking about tests.

2. He has only ever had a problem with away swing and chasing wide ones in tests.

That is all.

trundler

You are a moron here for two reasons.

1. We are talking about ODIs and you are talking about tests.

2. He has only ever had a problem with away swing and chasing wide ones in tests.

That is all.
I literally did specify that I add talking about tests though.
I was speaking from my own observation. Also I'm case you missed the emoji it was a joke.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I was speaking from my own observation. Also I'm case you missed the emoji it was a joke.
I seriously don't think Kohli is finished on the incline in tests either. Even if he doesn't succeed this England tour.

He hasn't peaked yet imo, in any format.

He's young and still hungry as heck.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Which made no ****ing sense whatsoever.

And the smalishah defence next. Stay stupid ****, insert an emoji and follow it up with, 'Its a joke bro'.

trundler

Which made no ****ing sense whatsoever.

And the smalishah defence next. Stay stupid ****, insert an emoji and follow it up with, 'Its a joke bro'.
John brought up will formats.
**** you I'm nowhere near THAT dire.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
John brought up will formats.
**** you I'm nowhere near THAT dire.
Just chil trundler, smalishah is actually not the worst poster to be compared too.

I like his posts, most of them are about Imran Khan who was a damn fine cricketer anyway.

You said nice things about VK, people will see that.

Shri is a good poster - just say something funny or good later on and he won't hold anything against you from now.

trundler

Yeah well, I was obviously joking too but I like telling people that don't know how to get off a bus to **** off occasionally. Unfortunately he's the only one I know of.

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Yeah well, I was obviously joking too but I like telling people that don't know how to get off a bus to **** off occasionally.
Don't unnecessarily press Shri's buttons.

Seriously, he thinks for himself well which is excellent for a poster and all you can ask for really.

Just move on before you make history like I have with certain posters.

trundler

Anyway back to the game. England possibly have the worst bowling lineup of all sides that have been #1.
Now let's call each other ****s to break the ice and make it normal.

vcs

India have chased effortlessly so far on this tour. England have a really good recent ODI record but I can't remember the last time they made a good effort of defending a par or below par total.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Anyway back to the game. England possibly have the worst bowling lineup of all sides that have been #1.
Now let's call each other ****s to break the ice and make it normal.
They miss Woakes and Indian batsmen own Adil and Moeen.

There's no surprises here.

Eng will want someone else to knock BCCI out of the WC for them.

trundler

Don't see them winning the WC with this bowling. Stokes was rusty today to say the least.

vcs

Moeen destroyed us in the last Test series in 2014, and destroyed a strong SA side last year. I'm going to hold on for now before dancing on his grave.