• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lmao at allowing chucking. Where do you draw the line? Eventually it'll just become baseball.
How horrid would that be. Do we really want our glorious sport to devolve into a yank pastime. Ew. There should be some bowler friendly rules but allowing chucking might decrease bowling skill levels imo.

TheJediBrah

I think stats against minnows should be judged on a case by case basis, although I see why they might be given less weightage. Ponting's only century against Bangladesh was immensely more valuable than most Tendulkar and Sanga Bangladesh thrashings. The error of hindsight. Sanga and Kallis aren't in the same league as Ponting and Lara. The former two were nowhere near the best of the latter 2 at their best. Ponting>Lara too.
Also, wtf chucking shouldn't be legal. Spirit of the game and all that. Remove no balls too why we're at it.
haha blunt but true

trundler

Sobers' average of 24 against NZ and 40 against Aus put a dent in his record as a batsman for me.

Burgey

I think he batted right handed with a stump against NZ, they were so bad back then.

trundler

Lance Gibbs had an SR of 88. Wax a horribly boring era. The best that I know of for that era is Davidson's 60. Also I've read his chinaman bowling dilutes his bowling record. I've read he was better as a pacer.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
How horrid would that be. Do we really want our glorious sport to devolve into a yank pastime. Ew. There should be some bowler friendly rules but allowing chucking might decrease bowling skill levels imo.
Well, we went from underarm bowling to overarm bowling to sideways bowling. The next logical step is all types of deliveries.
Who needs all the fuss about umpires reporting dodgy actions, testing, remedial work etc etc
We don't stop the batsmen from playing all manner of strokes do we ?

trundler

Well, we went from underarm bowling to overarm bowling to sideways bowling. The next logical step is all types of deliveries.
Who needs all the fuss about umpires reporting dodgy actions, testing, remedial work etc etc
We don't stop the batsmen from playing all manner of strokes do we ?
Allow roundarm and underarm sure, but not chucking. I'm sure the process of reporting it and its definition could be improved but legalizing it could change the entire dynamic of bowling. It'd just be unfair.
The bouncer rule should be changed though.