• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Borges

International Regular
a. England, somewhat controversially, thought that the team would be stronger if they left Root out of the last T20I
b. This does not imply, even in the slightest, that there is now a move afoot to drop him from the ODI playing eleven.

What's everyone carrying on about?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a. England, somewhat controversially, thought that the team would be stronger if they left Root out of the last T20I
b. This does not imply, even in the slightest, that there is now a move afoot to drop him from the ODI playing eleven.

There was discussion earlier about Root's place in the ODI XI being questioned

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Bahahahahahahhahahahaha.

Awww cute.

John - I hope you saw this.

Is this the most epic attempted face saving you have have seen after an insult John?

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
don't do it again
My conversation with John is already done.

We'll have more I am sure.

:laugh:

You're not a terrible poster most of the time TJB, you're definitely good for a laugh quite often.

I'm not sure your posts get better than this. :laugh:

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

My conversation with John is already done.

We'll have more I am sure.

You're not a terrible poster most of the time TJB, you're definitely good for a laugh quite often.

I'm not sure your posts get better than this. :laugh:
You done or are you going to keep editing until you can trigger a fight? It's beyond tiresome mate and painfully transparent.

Don't be that guy who's only known for contributing negatively to the forum.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

Except one or two i don't think anyone is saying it.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Evidence?
England must pick Hales and Stokes over Root in t20 cricket.

Thinking that Root shouldn't be a certain starter for all formats is plain wrong
Joe Root dropped by England for India T20 decider as Ben Stokes returns
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket...england-india-t20-decider-ben-stokes-returns/

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Jfc give it a rest. There's nothing wrong with what I said, there was definitely discussion about it, I'm not going to go back and quote it because it will lead to ruining another thread with an absurd argument like you always ****ing do.

Leave me alone ffs

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Evidence?
England must pick Hales and Stokes over Root in t20 cricket.

Thinking that Root shouldn't be a certain starter for all formats is plain wrong
Joe Root dropped by England for India T20 decider as Ben Stokes returns
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket...england-india-t20-decider-ben-stokes-returns/

Jfc give it a rest. There's nothing wrong with what I said, there was definitely discussion about it, I'm not going to go back and quote it because it will lead to ruining another thread with an absurd argument like you always ****ing do.

Leave me alone ffs

:laugh: Shri - are you sure that they don't get better?

Last edited:

Daemon

John: Root should be dropped for T20s

Adders: Root is our best batsmen in Tests and arguably ODIs

John: Not sure about ODIs

TJB: anyone questioning roots place in the side is deluded

John: thats not what I said bro

TJB: oh ok

Miyagi: I respect John as a poster. I am a perfectly reasonable poster and love discussing cricket and do not want to get personal. You and I are of the same ilk John. I respect your posts as you do mine. We're on the same wavelength.

Miyagi: lolol TJB

Is this accurate so far?

Mr Miyagi

Banned
John: Root should be dropped for T20s

Adders: Root is our best batsmen in Tests and arguably ODIs

John: Not sure about ODIs

TJB: anyone questioning roots place in the side is deluded

John: thats not what I said bro

TJB: oh ok

Miyagi: I respect John as a poster. I am a perfectly reasonable poster and love discussing cricket and do not want to get personal. You and I are of the same ilk John. I respect your posts as you do mine. We're on the same wavelength.

Is this accurate so far?
No. John would have Root in ODI's. Just doesn't think he's better than Bairstow or possibly Buttler in ODI's. But in t20 he would have Hales and Stokes ahead of Root.

TJB's post is before Adders. :P

I can post quotes if you prefer.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Jesus fine:

Well I for one totally disagree with you John so I must be talking nonsense and out of my backside too.

I wont go as far as saying Joe Root is our best T20 batsmen (but seriously who gives a **** anyway?) But he is certainly in the conversation for ODI's......with only Bairstow as competition Imo (and I say that despite Buttlers ridiculous current form)

You need to understand Roots role in the odi side is very different to the rest of the line up. He hasnt got the license that the rest have, his job is to bat through and score big at a run a ball while the rest of the maniacs tee off at the other end.

Edit:

I really think you should adopt a less condescending tone when you're arguing an opinion and not state it is a fact.
Root and the ODI side is a debatable thing and his value of it.
No it's not. He's one of the best ODI players in the world. Not every game will be on a road against club bowlers where Roy, Hales and co. can just slog through the line and make 350+ with ease.

Root averages 50 in ODIs at a SR of 86 lol. The only Englishman close to him in ODIs is Bairstow.
On an absolute flat deck though in ODIs he could be dropped when England bat so low down, especially against weaker bowling attacks.

Happy? Plenty of discussion. Whether or not it started through a misunderstanding or poorly worded comment doesn't make a difference. Now please stop making personal attacks over my perfectly legitimate comments.

Daemon

Not quite, John would have Root in ODI's. Just doesn't think he's better than Bairstow or possibly Buttler.

I can post quotes if you prefer.
I know. John made it very clear he still thinks Root should be in the ODI XI.

The problem arose when TJB misinterpreted what John said when he wrote about Root's value to the ODI side being debatable.

It still led to a discussion about Root in the ODI XI so TJB's not wrong either.