• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

R!TTER

State Regular
Another set of awards dubiously adjudged by clueless commentators, Sharma wins MoTm & MoTs 8-)

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
Another set of awards dubiously adjudged by clueless commentators, Sharma wins MoTm & MoTs 8-)
I was surprised at first, but it actually seems like a sensible decision. There isn't really any stand-out player from India, just good performances by different guys each time.

Borges

International Regular
We are in for more interesting times. Kohli says: "We're gonna continue and try different things."

Xuhaib

International Coach
England is doing zilch at the World Cup unless they can find couple of bowlers packing the team with massive hitters looks good but there is a reason cricket is a multiple discipline game.You need a bowling attack to win a world championship

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Flibberty, I apologise unreservedly for knocking your demonstrably sensible attitude to a meaningless fixture
With us doing well for a change in the world cup this series has passed me by till today. The start of the one dayers will be the same as we wait for what we pray will be an appearance in the final or not care as we will be so gutted at losing, come the tests though I will be well into it.

Jack1

International Debutant
Only got the first 10 of the chase. Stokes was bowling well and surprised not to see him bowl out? Did he get injured or was he only allowed to bowl 2 due to physio orders?

Good chase from India, highest ever against England in t20 by any team. I still think 185 was par on that surface and chasing 199 to win was a good effort

cnerd123

likes this
Love how India can always just whip their Hardik out in a sticky situation and it always seeme to work.

FBU

International Debutant
Love Hardik Pandya. At least he came in before Dhoni.
Strike rate 187.50 hasn't been out, 6 wickets at 16.50.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Only got the first 10 of the chase. Stokes was bowling well and surprised not to see him bowl out? Did he get injured or was he only allowed to bowl 2 due to physio orders?

Good chase from India, highest ever against England in t20 by any team. I still think 185 was par on that surface and chasing 199 to win was a good effort
All I know is that Stokes was cleared to bowl, and he should have bowled his wide yorkers again at the back end. Ball was awful.

TheJediBrah

Ugh don't do this again. It was just an observation, stating the obvious really, that bowling can be decisive in games and it's not all about stacking the team with batsmen. I found it mildly humorous that you posted that observation despite your often conflicting opinion.

I don't know why you are telling me of 2 players' respective batting positions

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Ugh don't do this again. It was just an observation, stating the obvious really, that bowling can be decisive in games and it's not all about stacking the team with batsmen. I found it mildly humorous that you posted that observation despite your often conflicting opinion.

I don't know why you are telling me of 2 players' respective batting positions
I said the guy who bats 5 should have bowled at the end instead of the guy who bats 11. So I really don't see why you'd find it that funny. Perhaps you missed that part despite thinking about bat deep. Besides with WIlley at 7 - England isn't all that deep.

Funny how bowling can cost you games regardless of how deep you bat
Reason for batting position given in your first post above when you made batting deep relevant. Ball is a true number 11. He isn't a batsman by any stretch. In fact, England looked light with Willey at 7 - India had Raina or Dhoni to bat 7 if needed as Pandya was promoted.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I said the guy who bats 5 should have bowled at the end instead of the guy who bats 11. So I really don't see why you'd find it that funny. Perhaps you missed that part despite thinking about bat deep. Besides with WIlley at 7 - England isn't all that deep.

Reason for batting position given in your first post above when you made batting deep relevant. Ball is a true number 11. He isn't a batsman by any stretch.
Ugh none of this is relevant. It was just a straightforward, easy to understand (I thought) observation. You don't have to react like this every time someone responds to you. Sometimes posts are just posts, not everything is an attack.