• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

cnerd123

likes this
I'm not disagreeing with you at all because I really don't know enough about these players, but if Imam keeps making runs on this tour, 61 Kent, 11, 59* and now this test, his selection doesn't look as bad.
Just because it works doesn't mean it was a good decision

Just because it fails doesn't mean it was a bad one

Fair enough to criticise the rationale behind the selection it even tho it has planned out

Mr Miyagi

Banned

Fair enough to criticise the rationale behind the selection it even tho it has planned out
Agree with the above. But, all of the above is based upon the previous confirmation that it was nepotism and not talent.

Inzi did not confirm that Imam he was picked because he is his nephew.

So the question is begged, was the rationale given genuine by Inzi, or just lies to conceal nepotism.

Last edited:

Firebreaker

Banned

You ignored the fact that Fawad was ranked at 20th in top scorers list in league cricket in England.

cnerd123

likes this
more like CM Punk vs Mike Jackson
Mate that fight hasn't happened yet, and who is CM Punk and who is Jackson in this analogy?

I also got CM winning by RNC. Blue belt BJJ and decent wrestler Vs kickboxer, can only go one way unless he gets KOed, and I reckon he's probably got a pretty good chin.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
You ignored the fact that Fawad was ranked at 20th in top scorers list in league cricket in England.
Yeah well you brought up that Imran Khan was a nepotistic selection and went on to be Pakistan's greatest player. You're not exactly doing your arguments any favours even if you know more about Pakistani players than the rest of us.

Perhaps you should accept PEWS invitation and give us the reasoning and stats (or scores in games conditions) that are highly pertinent to selection and non-selection of Pakistani players.

Because you seem to know your players best.

Start a new thread for it if you like. You may find there will be a lot of interest of what is going on with Pakistanian selections.

Which ones are nepotism, which ones are fair and why, and which ones left out are fair and why.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We'd be the southpaw brawlers of test cricket, can't get anyone to fight us because a loss is plausible and would look bad on their records.

I'm obviously totally biased, but it's not a choice I could understand. Bumming around Somerset when you could visit a beautiful capital city in a new country, play a real game and get your match fee. Maybe that's just me though.
Can't see it happening even if Ireland are merely competitive. Too much to lose if the home team do well and basically nothing gained by smashing them. These days, with so much cricket being played and weird schedules, I'd hazard that the players aren't looking for a 'real' game prior to a Test series anyway.

Firebreaker

Banned
Another perception is that Imam was selected in the place of Fawad. It's wrong, Fawad is a middle-order batsman and Imam is an opener. Saad Ali was selected over Fawad because Saad Ali scored around 1000 runs in the season where the matches were finishing in 1.5 days and the second player on the list was at least 200 hundred runs behind him. Fawad could have been selected in place of Shafiq because Shafiq's record is abysmal despite having 10 centuries he still averages in late 30s

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Another perception is that Imam was selected in the place of Fawad. It's wrong, Fawad is a middle-order batsman and Imam is an opener. Saad Ali was selected over Fawad because Saad Ali scored around 1000 runs in the season where the matches were finishing in 1.5 days and the second player on the list was at least 200 hundred runs behind him. Fawad could have been selected in place of Shafiq because Shafiq's record is abysmal despite having 10 centuries he still averages in late 30s

Honestly, start a new thread on Pakistanian selection. You may find a lot of genuine interest on here, and you can present your arguments. Most people on here are pretty friendly.

I think you'll find a lot of people are interested in what is going on in Pakistanian cricket is one easy to read thread.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mate that fight hasn't happened yet, and who is CM Punk and who is Jackson in this analogy?

I also got CM winning by RNC. Blue belt BJJ and decent wrestler Vs kickboxer, can only go one way unless he gets KOed, and I reckon he's probably got a pretty good chin.
was just implying they were two scrubs compared to two legends

smash84

The Tiger King
Honestly, start a new thread on Pakistanian selection. You may find a lot of genuine interest on here, and you can present your arguments. Most people on here are pretty friendly.

I think you'll find a lot of people are interested in what is going on in Pakistanian cricket is one easy to read thread.
Ugh, stop saying Pakistanian.

It's Pakistani