• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

cnerd123

likes this
It's always been the rule. Follow on is 150 in four-day games, and the washout makes this a four day game.
Goddamit PEWS stealing my umpiring spotlight

Law 14 - the Follow on:

14.1.1 In a two-innings match of 5 days or more, the side which bats first and leads by at least 200 runs shall have the option of requiring the other side to follow their innings.

14.1.2 The same option shall be available in two-innings matches of shorter duration with the minimum leads as follows:

- 150 runs in a match of 3 or 4 days;

- 100 runs in a 2-day match;

- 75 runs in a 1-day match.

14.2 Notification

A captain shall notify the opposing captain and the umpires of his/her intention to take up this option. Once notified, the decision cannot be changed.

14.3 First day’s play lost

If no play takes place on the first day of a match of more than one day’s duration, 14.1 shall apply in accordance with the number of days remaining from the start of play. The day on which play first commences shall count as a whole day for this purpose, irrespective of the time at which play starts.

Play will have taken place as soon as, after the call of Play, the first over has started. See Law 17.2 (Start of an over).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So if a day of a Test is washed out then the follow-on lead becomes 150 instead of 200?

Is this a new rule? Never heard of it before in my life. Shameful, and I call myself a cricket fan

Well he is turning 40 this year. Most Test cricketers are well past the best (and well-retired) before then. Not surprising that he's not the player he was when he was 30
Appreciate the explanation.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amuses me people debating Amir’s lack of effectiveness in Tests these days and whether he’s ‘lost it’ when his cordon drops anything not right in their respective bread baskets. Right now, he should have 2/0 and be all over the middle order. Instead, 0/2 and a streaky through gully point from an opener who should be gone. No justice.
Actually it sounds like the exact opposite. Sweet sweet karma.

Saw a stat that said 15 catches have been dropped off his bowling in tests since his comeback. May it continue.

Borges

International Regular
That's it; end of the road for Ireland. This has been a consistent spell of good bowling by Amir.

Bijed

International Regular
Actually it sounds like the exact opposite. Sweet sweet karma.

Saw a stat that said 15 catches have been dropped off his bowling in tests since his comeback. May it continue.
Tbf it would be more karma-ish if he got incorrectly no-balled on his wickets or something

Anyway, it's not looking massively likely now, but if Ireland can get to about 280 I wouldn't put it past Pakistan to have a shocker chasing down the target

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How is Stirling only 27? He's been around forever.
Haha he made international debut when he was 18. He's been a bit of a disappointment really in that he's not really much better than he was when he was 18.

To me he'll probably forever be that kid with potential, even when he's 35.

#JustinLangerShaunMarshThoughts

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
I wonder how much more expensive a test match is to put on over say a Intercontinental Cup match against Afghanistan.