• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amuses me people debating Amir’s lack of effectiveness in Tests these days and whether he’s ‘lost it’ when his cordon drops anything not right in their respective bread baskets. Right now, he should have 2/0 and be all over the middle order. Instead, 0/2 and a streaky through gully point from an opener who should be gone. No justice.

Joyce looks a shadow of himself.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Amuses me people debating Amir’s lack of effectiveness in Tests these days and whether he’s ‘lost it’ when his cordon drops anything not right in their respective bread baskets. Right now, he should have 2/0 and be all over the middle order. Instead, 0/2 and a streaky through gully point from an opener who should be gone. No justice.

Can remember multiple catches dropped in the slips when he returned. While I think he's not his old self fully but thats understandable. He set his own standard very high. Still a class bowler and he'd be the first name if I had to pick Pakistan's XI

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Amir's situation reminds me a shade of Danish Kaneria, who might well have had another 70 or 80 test wickets if it hadn't been for the presence of Kamran Akmal behind the stumps. Amir just about needs to create 3 slip chances for every 2 wickets at the moment. If he had a decent slip cordon to work with I reckon his test average would be 3 or 4 runs lower.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I saw the highlights. Well they went in the pavilion, the Paddies, with a good opening stand so there is something to hold onto. Entertaining match.

TheJediBrah

So if a day of a Test is washed out then the follow-on lead becomes 150 instead of 200?

Is this a new rule? Never heard of it before in my life. Shameful, and I call myself a cricket fan

Well he is turning 40 this year. Most Test cricketers are well past the best (and well-retired) before then. Not surprising that he's not the player he was when he was 30

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

How many test matches have had their first day day completely washed out? Before there was a coin toss?

I just read the rule, 14.1.2
On follow on, 150 for 3/4 days, 100 for 2 day game, and 75 runs for a one day test match.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So if a day of a Test is washed out then the follow-on lead becomes 150 instead of 200?

Is this a new rule? Never heard of it before in my life. Shameful, and I call myself a cricket fan
It's always been the rule. Follow on is 150 in four-day games, and the washout makes this a four day game.