• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Derby really need to accelerate immediately. A chance of a first home win since 2014 and they are still plodding along 330 ahead having just lost their first wicket.

Borges

International Regular
This is bad, Kennedy's very own county cricket being swamped and overrun by a host of non-Kennedys.

SeamUp

International Coach
Would say that Jeets and Harmer have probably been the best overseas/Kolpaks (not sure if that is still the term) in the last 10 years.

Feel for Harmer getting his cap off Irani though, surely there was a better former player who could have done that?
:D Good old Ronnie.

Considering caps aren't dished out you would have thought so.

Just had a look. Only A.Cook, Browne, Westley, Lawrence, Bopara, ten Doeschate, Foster & Porter have in the current squad before these 2.

S.Kennedy

This is bad, Kennedy's very own county cricket being swamped and overrun by a host of non-Kennedys.
I think there are a few county fans on here (I'm rather new here myself)? Although I'm probably the only one who isn't that arsed about England.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lancashire giving themselves an outside chance, under 100 to win now but Clark will probably have to get most of them.

Derbyshire rattling along now. Will be a tough declaration though as if you are 300-1 what the hell do you set as a realistic target but still give your bowlers enough time.

SeamUp

International Coach
Amar Virdi getting Surrey on their way.

Worcestershire will go down. The other spot could be anyone's but the same teams are probably fighting for the Championship it's that open.

SeamUp

International Coach
TRJ a very slow start to the season. Think he may have had his moment in the sun vs SA.
We will assess Toby overnight and then have a recovery session in the morning and see how he pulls up. If he's still stiff in his back, we'll have to have further investigation.
Considering he didn't come out to bowl in 2nd innings it doesn't look good.

Finn still crying soreness. Barber already injured. Helm has had his issues. Can't keep relying Murtagh and or Harris.

Also the batting needs to get Gubbins, Eskinazi, Malan and Morgan back soon.

Middlesex don't want to have to play too much catch up if they want promotion.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
middlesex early season selection utterly bewildering.

wickets tumbling all over the country so they go with 5 front line bowlers and the reserve keeper batting at number 3.

i get that malan is unavailable. morgan, gubbins and eskinazi injured and they want to invest in youth going forward but the decision to leave compton out and pick such an utterly woeful and weak batting line up in this part of the season is looking so ****ing stupid.

FBU

International Debutant
Considering he didn't come out to bowl in 2nd innings it doesn't look good.

Finn still crying soreness. Barber already injured. Helm has had his issues. Can't keep relying Murtagh and or Harris.

Also the batting needs to get Gubbins, Eskinazi, Malan and Morgan back soon.

Middlesex don't want to have to play too much catch up if they want promotion.
What's up with Finn, he only bowled 16 overs in the PSL?
So no TRJ, Harris, Finn or Barber....
Middx and Sussex to go up and Lancs and Yorks to go down.

flibbertyjibber

Middx and Sussex to go up and Lancs and Yorks to go down.
Not a chance that Yorks and Lancs both go down as Worcestershire will finish bottom. Actually think both will be top 5 without challenging for the title. As long as weather is fine today Yorkshire win and will only need 2 more victories to be safe.

S.Kennedy

Not a chance that Yorks and Lancs both go down as Worcestershire will finish bottom. Actually think both will be top 5 without challenging for the title. As long as weather is fine today Yorkshire win and will only need 2 more victories to be safe.
Middlesex won 3 last season. Sussex won 4 in 2014.

flibbertyjibber

Middlesex won 3 last season. Sussex won 4 in 2014.
Going on normal seasons, like the 40 points for premier league survival thing. 3 wins and 8 or 9 defeats is different to 3 wins with only 4 defeats and rest drawn, which is what I expect Yorkshire to do.

Last season was a freak with Surrey finishing 3rd with only 2 wins anyway. Yorkshire were 4th 2 points above Middlesex who dropped in 7th. Won't repeat that though Worcestershire may repeat the Warwickshire crapness and be stranded at the bottom.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
What's up with Finn, he only bowled 16 overs in the PSL?
So no TRJ, Harris, Finn or Barber....
This was from the preview to the Derbyshire game.

Steven Finn is again absent, as he continues to rest and recover from sore knees, whilst Tom Barber is also withdrawn from the squad that faced Northants, with the left-arm paceman suffering from a sore ankle.

Jack1

International Debutant
Hildreth won't get picked now, should have been 5 or 6 years ago but not now. I want Livingstone in the side and probably Clarke as next one after him. Trouble is we will be picking Vince for another summer after that innings in the last test in NZ so won't make changes anyway despite it being glaringly obvious.

As for the bowling Broad and Anderson obviously locked in, Stokes too so 3rd seamer will either be TRJ, Porter or a punt on a young tearaway with pace to blood while we have the opening bowlers to help him settle. Will be interesting to see what Ed Smith brings to the selection panel, very intelligent bloke who speaks well about the game, soon find out about his talent spotting I guess.
I would pick Hildreth. I'm not convinced at all by Stoneman, Vince or Malan.

I believe Porter simply has to be picked now in English conditions.

S.Kennedy

Stuart Broad carrying the drinks apparently haha!

No championship cricket at Headingley between 23rd April and 29th August!

Last edited: