• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel like Alma has a test century around the corner. His last 3 have been against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. The last against one of our main rivals was England in Jan 2016
Tbf he's had some excellent half centuries recently. His twin fifties in England and the one vs India recently were really good innings.

SeamUp

International Coach
Tbf he's had some excellent half centuries recently. His twin fifties in England and the one vs India recently were really good innings.
Was playing well enough for a ton last Test really, just got an unplayable from Starc.
He is still Hashim Amla and contributing greatly to the SA team. Those half centuries were as good as centuries but probably peak Amla turns them into a 100

But the reason I say the above is, in the first innings Amla was moving as well as I've seen him for a while.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Elgar was going for a lot more than first innings, but obviously was feeling "in". Don't agree at all with Warne about wasted balls. Wearing bowlers out and forcing them to adopt other strategies is not a waste.

BTW, why does half of this thread feel like Vernon Philander talking with himself?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I never understood the hate at Symcox tbh. Was a dude. The whole Saffer team post-readmission were great, Devillers driving the radio controlled car out into the middle in a ODI was a peak highlight for the world. Top group of blokes.

Except Cullinan.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was shocked to find Symcox was an innocuous offie as a kid. Looked a dead cert for a fast bowler.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
OK Saffers, seriously......get your own ****ing songs!! I reckon that's the third Barmy Army rip off I've heard today.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
The Barmy Army sing Shosholoza?
Dunno who they were singing about but they just sang the one in my sig.

Edit,

And earlier I heard the line "we are the loyalist, cricket supporters...the world as ever had" You can't nick that you just can't!!

Edit 2:

Now their singing don't take me home (more a football song, but still ours)

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Hard-core senior group : Wessels, P.Kirsten, McMillan ( Cook, Rice, Kuiper)
****y spinner : Symcox
Mean fasties : Donald, de Villiers, Schultz
Softies : Hudson, Swinger, Snell
Inbetweeners : G.Kirsten, Cullinan, Cronje, Rhodes, Matthews, Pringle

SeamUp

International Coach

Edit,

And earlier I heard the line "we are the loyalist, cricket supporters...the world as ever had" You can't nick that you just can't!!

Edit 2:

Always been big followers of English footbal in this country. So easy to understand.

Take it as a sign for admiration if Barmy Army songs are used :happy:

SeamUp

International Coach
A nice sunny morning has turned into an overcast early afternoon.

Hopefully the rain comes as late as possible if it does.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually the Barmy army call-out reminds me of something. I seem to recall their most recent David Warner song was noted for having a Sonny Bill reference in it and that no one cared.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Edit,

Edit 2:

Thought the "Don't take me home" was a darts special?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
not really, but it's because he's an onlooker not involved that it's yuck in this case.

If you want australia and their sledging culture to change then the only way to stop it is to escalate until they mentally capitulate or are too physically threatened by dangerous bowling to open their mouths.

i've said it before and will until the end of time - if the abuse, threats of broken arms, requests for stump mics to be turned off, sarcastic applause inches from your nose during sends off etc affect your side too much for them to compete then your only option is escalation. Australia will not talk if they know they might get injured. David Warner or whoever cannot talk if he's not on the field. You cop your fine and ban from the ICC and move on to the next game, then rinse and repeat.

That is the only option you can take if you can't compete within the cricketing laws against a side that dishes out threats of assault free from consequence.
Australian cricket team is basically America of the World Politics when America complains about foreign powers influencing elections and undermining American democracy. Ultimately Australia is too powerful a cricketing nation, just like America in international politics hence this hypocrisy will go without consequences.

I'm just waiting for the India tour later this year. Kohli vs Warner, BCCI vs CA. The only board in the world CA can't bully.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
'Bowling is all about rhythm' - Shane Warne.

I get that it sounds smart but Warne repeats it at least once during every commentary stint. Surely he would be bored of it now?