• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

SeamUp

International Coach
Starc, Hazelwood, Cummins in for another grinding.
That Elgar/Amla partnership was massive for this series.

If Australia have to make a change due to overs bowled for the Wanderers I wonder who it would be. I think they would love Bird/Pattinson here rather.

Think it was also a major reason for Morkel playing here. Needed a quick to be able to bowl long spells. I just don't think they feel Ngidi is there yet which is something we will hope comes with the stronger he gets and dealing with the size of his frame.

SeamUp

International Coach
AB has always reminded me about David Beckham.

Loves a celebration with a team mate (like with Elgar there and when Jakes got his double) and then when a wicket falls he is always first there. Love it.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That Elgar/Amla partnership was massive for this series.
100% if I hear another comment about how slow that was.... very frustrating.

Think it was also a major reason for Morkel playing here. Needed a quick to be able to bowl long spells. I just don't think they feel Ngidi is there yet which is something we will hope comes with the stronger he gets and dealing with the size of his frame.
Can see that Ngidi needs to improve his fitness... can't rely on Rabada being the work horse and the strike bowler.

Burner

International Regular
Incredible that a player of this ability and form would get out to a shot like that after being well set
One of the main reasons that his stats aren't better than what they are in test cricket. Somehow he can't just drive home the advantage on a flat wicket like a Smith or Kohli would have done.

Spark

Global Moderator
two more and we are somehow in a very decent position considering how this was looking about an hour ago

Spark

Global Moderator
cummins is good and we really have been given a massive break here to have evened up the contest like this. abdv must be kicking himself right now, SA should be 2/250.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If we end up 6 or 7 down this evening I'm going to be so pissed off. And I'm blaming you deVillers...