• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

GRAB

First Class Debutant
I think we can tell from the comments that this game is kind of in a holding pattern... SA accumulating, Oz looking for a wicket with no indication of potential penetration.

What is this fetish with injured players declaring themselves fit for a 5 day game?

Marius

International Debutant
Yeah it seems like we've had 3 since re-admission with G.Kirsten, Smith, Elgar. Others Mark Richardson, Alastair Cook & Justin Langer ?

Gambhir and Taylor other decent lefty openers but not really crabby (definitely more classical). You can definitely stress that for Anwar , Jayasuriya (although fidgety :D) and Gayle who stroked away in their own way.
Chanderpaul needs a spot too (if we're not restricted to openers).

SeamUp

International Coach
Chanderpaul needs a spot too (if we're not restricted to openers).
I did think we were talking only openers as there seems to be high proportion of left-handed one's.

Chanders did open some of the time, especially early on and in ODIs, as I recall.
Remember him getting 150 opening the batting against us in one of the ODI series here in SA. Was it their first full tour here late 90s ?

Bolo

State Captain
Chanders is supreme ruler for life of the crabby left hander club.
Kepler Wessels deserves a board position.

Interesting to watch Elgar and ab bat together. Probably the only 2 batsmen around who can do the splits while facing, just for very different reasons.

Marius

International Debutant
Last edited: