• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

SeamUp

International Coach
Quite a stiff breeze where I am this morning. Interesting what it will be like at Newlands. 28 degrees though.

the big bambino

International Captain
wow smith starting to sound like whiney b*#!h now....I hope Rabada puts him in his place. For years now the national cricket team has been known to be utterly disrespectful to opposition teams we play. They made it clear they would provoke Rabada and also requested that stump mics be turned down so that they can turn up the abuse. It really is pathetic...although the Saffers hold a few demerit points they are not known for being a disrespectful petty bunch of cricketers. The whole cricketing world knows Australia holds that title. With regards to the hearing it doesn't take an advocate to point out the inconsistent application of the rules and the manner in which other cases have been handled by the ICC in the past to deduce that Rabada did not deserve a ban. That being said the young man must learn self-control if wants to play test cricket in the future.
Don’t have a cow man.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would feel unpatriotic doing so, but I feel like there are good odds to be had for Rabada getting more censure and missing the fourth test... Maybe he will stare too hard and Steve Smith will fall over...
As long as he stays out of the batsmens face and does not say anything directly towards the batsmen he will be fine.....

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Have a feeling that despite all the focus on Rabada, Philander, Rabada v Smith, we'll instead see South Africa bat first and get knocked over cheaply.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA batting first then.

Morkel and Bavuma in. Looks like they'll miss the POC quota target according to Moonda on Cricinfo.

SeamUp

International Coach
Some cracks around. It's not massively hot during the test but the wind will dry out the pitch quickly and they may open up.

Got to get through first session probably like any test.

Boris_Dog

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm a bit surprised by that. What's the idea behind it?
In the presser faf mentioned the toe injury but also the fact that Morne is very fit and can bowl tonnes of overs.

I also like to remember Morne vs Clark a couple years back at Newlands. It was a brutal spell that Clark came thru. Id like to see Morne embrace his inner mongrel again.

OverratedSanity

Hope Morkel does well here. Been a disappointing few months for him after it looked like he was a hugely improved bowler in England.

Daemon

Not sure if I head correctly but apparently umpires arrive a week before the series starts? What the **** for lol.