• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Bolo

State Captain
ABdV batting at his best is definitely a cut above Smith's best. Smith's strength is more his sheer consistency.
Ab has been extremely consistent in recent years too. It's just that he's consistently getting 60s and Smith has been getting 150s:wacko:

I don't think the difference between ab and Smith is as big as we have been thinking though. AB has been making incredibly challenging runs and his 60s are matchwinning about as often as Smith's 150s are.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ab has been extremely consistent in recent years too. It's just that he's consistently getting 60s and Smith has been getting 150s:wacko:

I don't think the difference between ab and Smith is as big as we have been thinking though. AB has been making incredibly challenging runs and his 60s are matchwinning about as often as Smith's 150s are.
To be honest, ABdV hasn't really played that much since Smith has become absurd, so it's hard to make direct comparisons.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By the way, is the Aus first innings technically a candidate for the Hall of Fame for Australian Test innings in recent years with strong opening partnerships, only to be followed by the lower order just completely ****ing everything up?

I feel we made a few too many after the 98 opening partnership tbh.
Collapse wise?

Technically yes, I think a lot of it had to do with South Africa's bowling though rather than Australia's batting. I don't think we've actually played all that badly, just that South Africa have been better.

Heboric

International Debutant
Well done AB great innings with good support from the tale which showed a lot of backbone.

Even if Warner had 5 kids , he would have had ample space to write all of them on his bandages.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Keep telling us how good for the game it is that this sort of bowling might be absent for the rest of the series, though

Stapel

International Regular
What are you all doing on this Sunday?
Me? I'm watching a slomo replay of a guy using his hammer.