• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Spark

Global Moderator
Under-rated that there are 5 days in test cricket anymore and keeping bowling attacks out in the field to toil.
Right. Mind-boggling to me that people were criticising their scoring rate given the quality of bowling. One of them gets out, say, thirty minutes after lunch and SA could genuinely be staring at a first innings deficit. Instead...

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That reminds me of when TPC was a gun infielder. Now all he does is standard at slip and make bad captaincy decisions. Takes screaming catches i guess.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right. Mind-boggling to me that people were criticising their scoring rate given the quality of bowling. One of them gets out, say, thirty minutes after lunch and SA could genuinely be staring at a first innings deficit. Instead...
Exactly, it was Day 2 FFS. Perhaps if it was Day 3 you could argue they were going too slowly, but it was hardly like they were deadbatting pies.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So is ABdV that much better than Smith when the Aussie bowlers can`t get him out?

Or are the SA bowlers that much better than the Aussie bowlers that they can get Smith out?

Gob

International Coach
So is ABdV that much better than Smith when the Aussie bowlers can`t get him out?

Or are the SA bowlers that much better than the Aussie bowlers that they can get Smith out?
Neither.

Bat five sessions if you can for estraya

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By the way, is the Aus first innings technically a candidate for the Hall of Fame for Australian Test innings in recent years with strong opening partnerships, only to be followed by the lower order just completely ****ing everything up?

I feel we made a few too many after the 98 opening partnership tbh.