• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

Spark

Global Moderator
NZ always fold against Australia come the big games.....*

* except for the ones they don't fold in, e.g. Champions Trophy 2017, WT20 2016 etc. But only the 2015 WC final matters for pushing this narrative, so carry on.
Does this really count as a big game? I thought Flem meant finals or at least genuine knockout matches at a minimum.

Flem274*

123/5
Champions Trophy 2017, WT20 2016 etc.
i remember literally nothing about either of these tournaments except pakistan won a thing and we beat india in a T20

those are bigger games than this one it's true, but they're nothing compared to a test match or a world cup final. who even won the champions trophy before 2017?

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
The slower balls are keeping really low.

Maybe 150-160 could be good, 170-180 could have been match winning.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Watching Taylor try to hit everything to cow corner and fail is painful.

Six over long on was good though. Just bowl more half volleys straya.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, this match is literally meaningless compared to Champions Trophy (yes, even group stage matches where only 2 out of 4 teams make it) and WT20s. NZ have probably been crap (I haven't been watching) but I'm just arguing against a tired narrative here. :p

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, we aren't winning anything with this team. None of them are capable of handling pressure, let alone thrive with it on.

The last player we had who could do that was Elliott.
It's just not a great side. This is a very, very good Australian outfit who know T20 inside and out. Our guys don't play our domestic comp (or at least half of them don't), they're not regular starters in IPL sides, and there's not a lot of international fixtures. Yeah maybe they don't perform optimally under pressure but hard to expec them too in a match against such high-quality opponent.

Santner at 7 is a dead-set joke, furthermore. He should be 9.

Flem274*

123/5
this is defendable if it's a normal eden park game (i.e. not the other night) but this deck isn't as bouncy as your average eden park odi and jurys out on the swing
I mean, this match is literally meaningless compared to Champions Trophy (yes, even group stage matches where only 2 out of 4 teams make it) and WT20s. NZ have probably been crap (I haven't been watching) but I'm just arguing against a tired narrative here. :p
tired and true

shot

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
This isn't a horrible total, but we're going to need to bowl really well. It's defendable with how low the ball is keeping.

Bowlers are going to need mix their pace and the spinners spells are going to be crucial.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah maybe they don't perform optimally under pressure but hard to expec them too in a match against such high-quality opponent.
it's literally their one job as international cricketers and apparently the #1 T20 team in the world until this series

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Decent recovery. Brilliant from Taylor. At least he's given them a fighting chance.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Don't want Aus to coast this within 15 overs.

As long as they don't roll over and let Aus win this in a canter, I'll be content with a loss, just want to see some fight and disciplined bowling.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
When do they name the ODI squad to play England?. Nicholls, Latham and Ferguson should walk straight back into the starting lineup