• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blair Tickner's another one I'd like to have a look at in T20Is within the next year or so.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Also interesting to see that Milne has had a good ODI season with CD - though I haven't heard anything about him picking up the yard of pace that he lost over the winter.

Flem274*

123/5
Hmm I don't think straight up and down 150 clicks is going to worry Australia or England. He's a nice project, but the majority of his success has come with the red ball and tbh I can guess why. He gets more protection in FC matches to just charge in without fielding restrictions like Wagner does (and Wags gets carted in domestic white ball cricket). Good for bullying subcontinental sides and the windies in white ball cricket though.

Also his pace has been much more consistent this year. If we can get him swinging it he's going to go places.

Our ODI and T20 bowling stocks have been quietly collapsing since the World Cup tbh. Southee, Henry, Milne and Mitch M lost all form and/or got injured, Mills and Vettori retired, and the guys we've debuted since haven't kicked on. We're being carried by Boult and Santner.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bayliss willing to make way as T20 coach. ****ing clown. Should be making way as the test coach. Seems very presumptuous to say he's willing to make way as T20 coach when the test side has been poor. The way he's going we'll lose a home ashes in 2019 and still go out in the quarter/semi finals of the 50 over world cup.
Test side has been up and down, think it's reasonably harsh to say poor...however, for a coach who was in the BBL/IPL for 8 years or so it seems pretty soft to opt out of the format he largely made a name out of. Maybe bring in fresh ideas like Lehmann did with Ponting, to outstanding results.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
If you want to understand the priorities of the ECB these days, everything is centred around winning the 2019 cricket world cup (and therefore the one-day side). Strauss is chucking everything at removing England's world cup duck. That is why Bayliss was recruited, so it stands to reason why he would be willing to relinquish the Twenty20 role.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If you want to understand the priorities of the ECB these days, everything is centred around winning the 2019 cricket world cup (and therefore the one-day side). Strauss is chucking everything at removing England's world cup duck. That is why Bayliss was recruited, so it stands to reason why he would be willing to relinquish the Twenty20 role.
I'd think the crossover of players from ODI to T20s - Hales, Roy, Root, Morgan, Buttler, Rashid, Willey, Curran, Billings, Wood, Stokes - would make it sensible for the same coach to work with both sides.

Immenso

Hmm I don't think straight up and down 150 clicks is going to worry Australia or England. He's a nice project, but the majority of his success has come with the red ball and tbh I can guess why. He gets more protection in FC matches to just charge in without fielding restrictions like Wagner does (and Wags gets carted in domestic white ball cricket). Good for bullying subcontinental sides and the windies in white ball cricket though.

Also his pace has been much more consistent this year. If we can get him swinging it he's going to go places.
Who are you talking about?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully these morning showers will clear.

I have a random and unexpected invite to a corporate box this evening. Can't quite get my head around why, but I'm not gonna complain.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hopefully these morning showers will clear.

I have a random and unexpected invite to a corporate box this evening. Can't quite get my head around why, but I'm not gonna complain.
Maybe the Aussies heard about your (now lifted) curse and just want some insurance

The Hutt Rec

I remember my one and only visit to a corporate box, I was quite young and the manager of our area of the company showed up. Me and the workmate I was with both got spooked and were too scared to drink any of the copious amounts of free beer. Cans of coke it was. :(

Last edited: