• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Final at Eden Park too. Would be hilarious if England were to go on and win the tournament.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This T20 outfit showing the Aussie ODI side the way forward tbh.

Warner
Short 7
TPC 9
Finch 8
Maxwell 6
Stoinis 5
Carey
Agar 4
Starc 1
Tye 3
Haze 2

Can’t see a spot for Lynn unless he opens, and if Finch doesn’t do it then Short will. Have the latter opening as I think Finch is less awful vs spin.

vandem

International 12th Man
Have crunched some numbers, I think for Eng to qualify they need to win by around 20 runs or 2.1 overs.

If NZ bat first and make 180, Eng need to chase down in 17.5 overs. Then Eng NRR -0.82 vs NZ -0.84.

If Eng bat first and make 180, they need to bowl out NZ for 160. Then Eng NRR -0.77 vs NZ -0.78

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, makes sense for NZ to bowl first so they can aim for the (reduced) qualifying target, rather than the match winning target.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Thought Williamson seemed weirdly happy/un-angry after the game. I'd have been fuming.
He's not a leader, he should have layed down the law after the start Aus got off too.

To his credit, he played a blinder in the last game. Hopefully it's not a one off and can play like that every so often..

Last edited:

thundaboult

International Debutant
Nature of the T20 beast, belter of a pitch.S**t happens. Move on and focus on winning against ENG. Nz seriously missed Santner here....Wheeler just can't seem to catch a break on INT level...every time he shows up in Country colors he gets pasted and NZ almost always lose. So damn tough for all bowlers in this kind of situation though...need to keep it simple and back yourselves,,,yorkers and bouncers and yorkers and bouncers. Stick to the basics more often. Oh and Guppy made a 100 and became the highest T20 run getter....completely forgotten after that chase. And I've gotta say, this NZ fielding side is probably the worst in the world when it comes to fielding under pressure. They seem like headless chickens....they turn into a pretty average side overall when it comes to dealing with pressure...bowling, batting and especially fielding.

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Nature of the T20 beast, belter of a pitch.S**t happens. Move on and focus on winning against ENG. Nz seriously missed Santner here....Wheeler just can't seem to catch a break on INT level...every time he shows up in Country colors he gets pasted and NZ almost always lose. So damn tough for all bowlers in this kind of situation though...need to keep it simple and back yourselves,,,yorkers and bouncers and yorkers and bouncers. Stick to the basics more often. Oh and Guppy made a 100 and became the highest T20 run getter....completely forgotten after that chase. And I've gotta say, this NZ fielding side is probably the worst in the world when it comes to fielding under pressure. They seem like headless chickens....they turn into a pretty average side overall when it comes to dealing with pressure...bowling, batting and especially fielding.
Your post is a bit all over the place but yes, agree with most of the above. Less panic on the field and doing the basics right would be a start, they did that pretty well against England at Wellington. But from a larger perspective, lots of concerning patterns - bad fielding, utter refusal to use 6th/7th bowlers, and not really looking up to it when most needed.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
i was actually pretty emotionally prepared for this happening at innings break tbh. Looked so easy to bat out there. Played straya

Top_Cat

Bowling isn't very good tbf.

Starc coming back would help loads obviously.
The bowling's fine. This is the best available combo anyway.

Almost pointless to mention Starc in some ways considering he also hasn't played a T20 since the WC and skipped the whole BBL. Yeah he's playing IPL but he's not playing any cricket in that time which doesn't apply at any other time so no need to manage his workload. He's not a definite starter for the WC XI, at present.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

The bowling's fine. This is the best available combo anyway. Almost pointless to mention Starc in some ways considering he also hasn't played a T20 since the WC and skipped the whole BBL. Yeah he's playing IPL but he's not playing any cricket in that time which doesn't apply at any other time so no need to manage his workload. He's not a definite starter for the WC XI, at present.
Yeah Tye is one of the best limited-overs bowlers,especially T20, we have. I'd have him ahead of Cummins and Hazlewood anyway.

Starc, Stanlake (or someone else) & Tye are a decent trio. Agar does a good job too but I even wouldn't mind him being left out if TPC comes back. I'd rather he replace Agar than one of the top 7 who all deserve their spots more than Agar. Stoinis, Maxwell, Short & co. can all make up the overs.