• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think TPC needs to give T20s a miss. This side looks really good moving ahead.
Pretty much what he’s doing, hasn’t played a T20I in two years. Add Smith to this line-up and not only does it instantly look weaker, it sucks away the effectiveness of whoever is left.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And any negativity about the ground size....T20 is about entertainment and the crowd are no doubt entertained. If you're a good enough bowler you can go at 9 or 10s. Even as a former bowler and hater of the chasm between bat and ball I see no bad thing in this sort of spectacle once in a while.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty much what he’s doing, hasn’t played a T20I in two years. Add Smith to this line-up and not only does it instantly look weaker, it sucks away the effectiveness of whoever is left.
Is the WC already two years ago? **** me

He can still be of use tbh, especially with Short and Lynn's limitations

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's annoying Maxwell has started scoring run against us - I like him more in ODIs where he averages 9.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is the WC already two years ago? **** me

He can still be of use tbh, especially with Short and Lynn's limitations
Lynn especially, tbh. Rarely seen a top-order bat look so clueless against even mediocre spin.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
NZ bowling wasn't particularly smart during the Eden Park T20 against Pakistan either. Smaller straight boundaries = just keep banging it in most of the time, it would seem.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lynn especially, tbh. Rarely seen a top-order bat look so clueless against even mediocre spin.
Aye, I like Smith for t20s just because he has that factor like Maxwell of being able to score runs all around the ground against spin and pace.

Moss

Sodhi's done pretty well to go at under 9 an over in this game, though more a reflection of the standard of the rest of the bowling.

The Hutt Rec

Geez this is scarred for life type stuff for Wheeler ...

Woudn't have brought him back on after the first two myself.