• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

thierry henry

International Coach
I reckon Santner’s fielding and batting infuriates the punters so much that it’s really taking the attention away from his seriously canny bowling.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seifert's batting continues to remind me of a young McCullum. Super quick hands. Agree his keeping was a bit shabby.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, love this interview. You can really see in Kane's eyes how badly he wants to say, "Still think I can't bat in T20's Doully? You ****."

robbypark

U19 Debutant
NZ win as expected. Game wouldn't have been that close if the Kiwis knew how to catch a ball. Hope you guys took my tip and bet money on NZ - it was easy money.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Santner’s fielding and batting infuriates the punters so much that it’s really taking the attention away from his seriously canny bowling.
Not for me. He's a seriously good, brave, intelligent limited overs bowler.

But his fielding is beyond rubbish. As someone said, it's hard to recall a worse NZ fielder since the amateur days. This guy practices fielding every day nigh-on, yet still cannot catch. As for his batting, nothing incredibly unusual there - just someone who can score domestic runs but isn't up to it internationally. Not a trail blazer in that respect.

Seifert had iron gloves too but having not seen him keep a lot I'll put it down to first time nerves.

Enjoyable game. Good to see Mikael Gorbachov's forehead play better than it looked (the pitch as described by ACC).

Zinzan

Awkward MOTM interview for Doully, although his criticism was warranted considering KW averaged 13 @ 96 in his previous 8 innings.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And the next time someone argues the place of a yorker, play them the last 4 overs of both innings'. I'll argue till blue in the face anyone who says the yorker is anything but the go-to delivery at the death.

Flem274*

123/5
i don't think seifert has ever been mentioned as a good keeper, but keep in mind young Baz was very scruffy with the gloves as well.

steve rixon worked with both parore and young baz. pity he's got another job.

Zinzan

i don't think seifert has ever been mentioned as a good keeper, but keep in mind young Baz was very scruffy with the gloves as well.
Apart from the famous Dravid drop in the '03 WC, I though he was a polished keeper from the get-go.

thierry henry

International Coach
Maybe Santner is just a good athlete and smart cricketer with sub-par hand eye? Would explain why he can’t catch and can’t hit anything bowled over 135.

Zinzan

Maybe Santner is just a good athlete and smart cricketer with sub-par hand eye? Would explain why he can’t catch and can’t hit anything bowled over 135.
Nah it's mental for mine. He usually drops easy ones when he has too much time to think about it and snares the blinders.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pretty much as good as it gets from my perspective. Santa, Guppy, Kane and Southee all firing in a T20.

thierry henry

International Coach
He’s a great athlete and gets himself in position to take great catches, of course some stick. It is possible for someone to just have bad hands though

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
It took too long - we need at least 3/ week. Look at baseball - they play 5 days in a row regularly. Surely a Tuesday/ Friday/Sunday schedule isn't too hard for t20 cricket. And I got messed up the the final Aus game being on a Saturday. I missed it because CA have trained me to believe that all white ball cricket gets played on Friday and Sunday. .
The analogy with baseball does not work.

-- Starting Pitchers pitch once every 5 days.
-- Relievers rarely work 3 nights in a row and usually do not amass pitch counts greater than 20 pitches/match.
-- Position players rarely run over 500 metres per match.

Even catchers, who probably are subject to the most physical day-to-day exertion, do not normally play more than three consecutive days outside the playoffs.

Last edited: