• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This has been an entertaining innings. Loved Kaneh's clean six over the bowler's head. Chapman was fun too.

England's bowling attack is definitely a step down from Australia though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can someone please tell Ian Smith that Chapman has already played 20-plus T20Is?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
His father is a Kiwi and he has been since high school
Did some digging. Usually in a case like Chapman's, he would have to wait 3 years regardless of his father. However according to the ICC's eligibility rules, the stand down period "will not apply in the case of a male player who has represented an Associate Member and is seeking to represent a Full Member". TIL.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
I knew New Zealand would put up a massive score despite the horrible wicket. England's bowling is such utter trash in all forms of the game.

This one is done and dusted. England's batting lineup couldn't chase this score down in their dreams.

The Hutt Rec

Nowhere to be seen, funnily enough.

Think Kane might have been inspired by Doull's comments during the week.
Was hoping to see an Andrew Jones reaction towards Doull as he walked off! Great to see him back in such top form.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Can someone please tell Ian Smith that Chapman has already played 20-plus T20Is?
ACC are doing it too. I can forgive then, not Smithy. Maybe turn down the fifth hot dog before the game starts and prep on his Hong Kong career.

Anyway, pretty bloody fair effort - albeit England bowled some real filth (Jordan apart).

The Hutt Rec

Chapman’s success somehow just made me rage against Larsen even more. Can’t even take any pleasure from it. Selectors have broken me.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Chapman’s success somehow just made me rage against Larsen even more. Can’t even take any pleasure from it. Selectors have broken me.
Hey chill out, it won't mean anything unless he can bowl 4 tidy overs, right??

We all knew Chapman was a class above and he showed it. Nice sharp NZ debut.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So this match stays competitive so long as Hales stays there, no?
Maybe unfair on Buttler, who surely needs to come in at the fall of the next wicket.