• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Heboric

International Debutant
The movie Atomic Blonde they could only cast a women from Benoni to play that role. Just another Friday night .. :laugh:.

10 000 people make no difference in CT... its not Benoni we are talking about! now 100 000 Aussies that would be a problem, but 100 000 Aussies is always a problem, anywhere.

I wonder if the borehole water they use at the stadium is fit for human consumption. So of the nicest water comes from those boreholes.
I am not sure, havent used tap water at Newlands for a long time. I know near the Brewery there is a lovely little spring, but the poor thing is getting abused by all the people trying to get water.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just read up on the Capetown water crisis. Scary stuff.

I remember back in 2008 at the height of the drought here in Brisbane. People were joking about Peter Beattie issuing stillsuits to everyone (from the novel Dune). We got down to under 20%, but that drought lasted for nearly a decade. What has shocked me about the Capetown drought is that you've gone from good dam levels to almost entirely out of water in three years.

Anyway I hope the drought breaks soon for those affected (and I hope you don't get subsequent flooding like Brisbane got in 2011).

StephenZA

I just read up on the Capetown water crisis. Scary stuff.

I remember back in 2008 at the height of the drought here in Brisbane. People were joking about Peter Beattie issuing stillsuits to everyone (from the novel Dune). We got down to under 20%, but that drought lasted for nearly a decade. What has shocked me about the Capetown drought is that you've gone from good dam levels to almost entirely out of water in three years.

Anyway I hope the drought breaks soon for those affected (and I hope you don't get subsequent flooding like Brisbane got in 2011).
The 'droughts' have been pretty consistent for years now across the country, rains full the damn and by end of summer the damns are <50%, water restriction have become common. Many reasons from an increased population density to failing infrastructure... but this last year has been very bad for the Western Cape no decent rainfall in the catchment areas. Particularly not good at the moment because of how the economy is struggling, and considering that Western Cape is the 2nd highest and was the fastest growing economic area.... just bad news allround. And historically (not that that means much nowadays) rains are normally in the June/July period. Crossing fingers for an unseasonal rainfall.

Starfighter

Interesting point of contention here. Sth East Qld (Brisbane, Gold Coast) has 1674 GL storage for 3.5 million people, and Cape Town has 898 GL for 3.7 million people and only half the annual rainfall. I can see how it could happen very rapidly.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
From another PE boy...
Ah, Benoni, where they let the kids kak on the front lawn so the burglars will think they have dogs...

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Bancroft retained and Richardson in the squad. Fmd Langer getting his way like an emo teen. Handscomb and Bancroft are lucky to be back/playing after looking abject on highways vs minnows.

stephen

So Bird is out with a hammy but for how long? Handscomb just made a much needed ton to put a bit more pressure on Bancroft who scored 38 and 13 in the shield round. Richardson, who is going to RSA for the experience took one wicket in the recent shield round.

Other than that, none of our starting XI played this round of shield.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Bird is out with a hammy but for how long? Handscomb just made a much needed ton to put a bit more pressure on Bancroft who scored 38 and 13 in the shield round. Richardson, who is going to RSA for the experience took one wicket in the recent shield round.

Other than that, none of our starting XI played this round of shield.
Mitch Marsh played a got a few wickets. Don't think he made any runs though