• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Woodster

International Captain
One good thing is now that we have the bowling to do damage on cloudy days too.
Bhuvi especially I can imagine troubling the English line-up. Thought he bowled with a lot of skill on this series and was exceptionally unlucky to miss out in the second Test with the series on the line.

Motorwada

Banned
Bhuvi especially I can imagine troubling the English line-up. Thought he bowled with a lot of skill on this series and was exceptionally unlucky to miss out in the second Test with the series on the line.
Yeah. Often what would happen is we would be bundled for 150-160 odd on a greentop and then concede 300-400. With this bowling lineup I don't think that will happen and we can limit the damage even if we bat badly.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
This victory will be good preparation for India. If England serve up a green seamer (à la Trent Bridge 2015) they can always say to themselves, ''well it isn't as bad as the Wanderers and we won there''.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Good win for India. But the pitch was pretty poor and we are lucky that no one is having a serious injury. It was pretty enjoyable to watch, but the safety of the players is more important.

Heboric

International Debutant
It confuses me that people haven't worked out how massively over-rated de Kock is.
#BREAKING NEWS
Quentin De Kock becomes the first batsmen in cricket history to be out of form.
Will retire from cricket because some internet tough guy says he is ****

Last edited:

Bahseph

International Debutant
If you are comparing him to Gilchrist at this stage of his career then yeah I think it's over rating him. But he is a Gun, and when he is inform he has won us games on his own. I hope he gets out of this slump ASAP cos Aus is going to be a tough prospect.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Indians talking about being OK as long as they see off Anderson by showing him respect on cloudy days.
Good luck with that, it'll be another 25/30 + wickets for jimmy. Although the series will be a lot closer than last time with India's bowling being first class nowadays

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a reason I don't go into the politics subbie much.
Interesting since that subforum is mostly people complaining about political correctness.

The picture is obviously just unfortunate. In fact it's so unfortunate it's almost funny.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Test match batting averages while batting outside subcontinent:
Rahane 53
Kohli 46
Pujara 27
Rohit 24

All of them made their debut in 2013 or before. So, Kohli and Shastri had 5 years to decide which one to drop for the first 2 tests.

I rest my case.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Just been able to catch up with everything.

A shocker of a pitch again and the change over of proper groundsman to 'insert lack of knowledge' groundsman really is embarrassing and I feel almost the need to apologise.

First of all we lucky enough Centurion wasn't like this with their new groundsman but it was totally the opposite pitch SA asked for. The exact type of pitch at Centurion is what Durban has become and again it leaves you to wonder about the lack of knowledge since the loss of experienced and knowledgeable groundsman there.

Recently (last season) there was a domestic one-day game in Bloem called off because it was dangerous. First I had seen and now this.

Really hope CSA actually get off their arses and get something in place to ensure these things don't happen.

Bolo

State Captain
View attachment 23899

Found this on Twitter today, not a pretty picture given SA's history.
With an exception or two everywhere :

Left side: bowlers, less experienced players, defacto english speakers, non-white

Right side: batsman, defacto Afrikaans speakers, more experienced players, white

Don't go looking to stir a racial pot unnecessarily, particularly when there are plenty of more logical other solutions.

Kirkut

International Regular
Test match batting averages while batting outside subcontinent:
Rahane 53
Kohli 46
Pujara 27
Rohit 24

All of them made their debut in 2013 or before. So, Kohli and Shastri had 5 years to decide which one to drop for the first 2 tests.

I rest my case.
That's because Kohli and Shastribot overly prioritize aggressive cricket.