• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

Howe_zat

Audio File
Play called off. Shame, but should still be plenty of time left.

Be a very good partnership to kick on and make runs. I don't remember the last time we had a top order partnership that didn't have Cook or Root in it.

Bijed

International Regular
Play called off. Shame, but should still be plenty of time left.

Be a very good partnership to kick on and make runs. I don't remember the last time we had a top order partnership that didn't have Cook or Root in it.
I know a partnership doesn't have to reach 100 to be a good one, but the last time we had a 100+ partnership for the first, second or third wicket which didn't involve at least one of those two was between Bell and Ballance, slightly over 3 years ago

Partnership records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Same thing for 50 stands was Mo & Jennings in India, but before that you're going back to Bell & Lyth at Cardiff in the last Ashes

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...team=1;template=results;type=fow;view=innings

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see the appropriately hyphenated Roland-Jones is a Hampton School graduate. Sources close to me have indicated the facilities there's are sensational.

Burgey

Imagine jumping on the tube into that carriage........I'd wet myself.
Sad part is three quarters of London wouldn't know who they are, but if they were bumming around in a championship football side here's be a queue for autographs.

Daemon

Nearly 200 in front and he gets a few runs for only the 2nd time in series and on both occasions it has been 2nd innings with a big lead already. Not got important runs once yet.
Well yeah, but he still got them against good bowling. 'Match situation' isn't the only factor when you take into account the quality of an innings.

I think if you want to criticize him here, it should be more of arguing how lucky he was and shaky he looked than the downhill skiing argument.

morgieb

So today in Sydney it's 26 degrees and sunny. And this is winter.

Sort your **** out, England.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's absolutely tipped it down overnight, but you'd hope that The Oval outfield will be sorted in time for start of play.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I see the appropriately hyphenated Roland-Jones is a Hampton School graduate. Sources close to me have indicated the facilities there's are sensational.
Seeing him interviewed on Friday, he isn't nearly as posh as I'd expected.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn shouldn`t bother trying hyperbole on the internet... as bad as trying sarcasm!
Yep and that's why my 20k odd posts have been so appalling.

Anyway, an interesting thing about double-barreled names, in the younger working-class generation they've become quite popular with all the broken relationships, and parents just not being married. Exeter City have Archibald-Henville, Moore-Taylor, the wonderfully named Jacob Jagger-Cane, Riley-Lowe all playing for us recently, and I don't think it's because they're from the home counties.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's absolutely tipped it down overnight, but you'd hope that The Oval outfield will be sorted in time for start of play.
Forecast looks OK for today though right?

Just as well this isn't being played in Sydney.........they wouldn't get on for a week after a deluge like that. At least we can manage our rain (on the odd occasion that it does fall)

Last edited: