• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol seems to have been 6 or 7 boundaries so far and only one that was not off an edge. Fair to say pitch is now a bit of a nightmare to bat on?

Groundking

International Debutant
How many do we think Jennings needs here to warrant another test.

Shot from the Cantab boy there.
I think he gets the next test regardless with 2 other debut batsmen in the team, but really he needs to ton up. I'd take a solid 50 though considering match situation.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Stokes? He bats top 6, he's not a bowler who can bat.
Yeah that's his point, he has this hang up about Stokes being asked to bat 8 behind Moeen first time they were both in the side, Stokes got a bunch of ducks and got dropped. It's not an unreasable order without evidence IMO but since then Stokes has only really made runs batting in the top six. Hence why Stokes at 6 has since been a mainstay while Bairstow and Moeen have been shifted around a fair bit.

Stokes' average as a #6 is 39, ftr.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
That shout from Warne is actually a great one, Crawley and Westley are pretty similar, Creepy was a good player as well.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I may rank which discussions are more pointless one day, declarations, English batting order, or bringbackKP.

Makes Shane talking about wacky races seem incredibly relevant and fascinating.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
never been a fan of Morkel, wasn't that he bowled too short all the time, was that he just wasn't consitently at the batsman, his line was rarely right, too variable on length too. Over the last couple of years though, he's really sorted that out, if he'd bowled like this throughout his careerv he'd be averaging 25. Takes some longer to sort it out than others, our opening quicks decent examples, yet some like Rabada come in looking the real deal right away.

91Jmay

International Coach
Great to see Chris Lewis involved, he's obviously done some bad things but my understanding is he's doing important work with PCA now.