• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
Glass XI

1. Lokesh Rahul
2. Chris Gayle
3. Shane Watson
4. Michael Clarke
5. Jacob Oram
6. Daniel Vettori
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Shane Bond
9. Ryan Harris
10. Zaheer Khan
11. Shoaib Akhtar

Unsurprisingly, it was tough finding batsmen for that XI.
Mike Atherton and Shaun Marsh over Gayle and Oram. Bruce French to keep wicket, Vettori out

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
1. Mike Artherton
2. Lokesh Rahul
3. Shaun Marsh
4. Michael Clarke
5. Shane Watson
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Bruce French
8. Zaheer Khan
9. Ryan Harris
10. Shane Bond
11. Shoaib Akhtar

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
If anyone wants to query my XI my father lived from 1916 to 1968. I only did the XI because it was what would have been his 101st birthday.
Knott (debut 1967) instead of Evans, maybe?

Edit: as Fred has just posted...
Underwood's another option from the 60s (maybe as second spinner instead of Tyson, since you have Trueman, Larwood, Bailey and Hammond)

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
He would have seen Knotty then
Alan Knott did play two Tests during his lifetime but I didn't pick anyone I consider to be my era, that's why there's no Boycott, Snow or Underwood either. (That's not to say Sir Geoffrey necessarily gets in.)

**Edit to add that I was an infant when my father died and I barely knew him so there's zero crossover in our cricket watching eras.**

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
**Edit to add that I was an infant when my father died and I barely knew him so there's zero crossover in our cricket watching eras.**
Was thinking by the dates you originally gave it was likely you were born in the 1930s!

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The original dates were correct. His lifespan was April 1916 to January 1968. He sadly didn't live long enough to lose the ability to knock out nippers.
Yeh I get that now. But my original assumption was you were probably born when he was in his 20s or 30s....

bagapath

International Captain
Best XI during my high school years

Gavaskar
Greenidge
Richards
Miandad
Border
Imran *
Dujon +
Hadlee
Akram
Marshall
Qadir

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Name-based Childish Innuendo XI:

Fakhar Zaman
Salman Butt
Joe Root
Hardik Pandya
Niroshan Dickwella
B.J. Watling
Quinton De Kock
David Willey
Mark Wood
Ryan Sidebottom
Jake Ball

srbhkshk

International Captain
All Rounder XI

R Shastri
W Rhodes
G Sobers
J Kallis
I Botham
C Cairns
I Khan
S Hasan
R Ashwin
K Miller
S Pollock

The only real problem was finding good openers.

12th Man - K Dev or A Flintoff.

(Batting cut-off average of 30 - In case anyone is missing Hadlee, Bowling cut - off of at least 100 Wickets.)

Last edited: