• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It also needs to be said that India get the easiest run at home of the top sides considering the next best side in SC conditions hasn't even toured there for god knows how long, & I can't remember last time India went to the UAE.

Meanwhile Australia, South Africa & England (the other big sides), all get one another who are all well suited to playing in each-others countries of late.

India are well suited to playing in the SC and the Windies (of late). but they're all crap sides atm.
India not playing Pakistan either home or in the UAE is a big issue for me in recognising them as No 1.......but that doesn't take away the fact that TJB has been posting smack in here the last few pages.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's something I hadn't really thought about. Other than Pakistan, which India don't really play, the rest of the SC sides and WI are all terrible. The only challenging series' India are likely to play are away in Aus, Eng, SA and maybe NZ. Things are set up pretty well for them.

Yup, India have been a little lucky that Eng/SA & Aust keep cancelling each-other out :p But there's no doubting their record at home.

TheJediBrah

:laugh:You've seriously got to be ****ing kidding me.
lol how else do you explain the collective brain explosions from several Indian posters these last couple pages. It's been something to behold.

India not playing Pakistan either home or in the UAE is a big issue for me in recognising them as No 1.......but that doesn't take away the fact that TJB has been posting smack in here the last few pages.
Can you literally name one thing? Just one. Or are you just going full Adders

Zinzan

Not sure what that has to do with the point I made. but okay.

Lol, I'm having bad luck in this thread today, I keep having people respond with stuff I didn't say

At least it's not the Indian-Mafia-circle-jerk-like-club this time I guess. :p

OverratedSanity

Tbh Australia winning in RSA isn't all that impressive, as a matter of fact Australia hasn't lost in RSA since readmission. India winning in SL is probably equivalent.

However last time India were in RSA they competed where as Oz got hammered last time in SL.
India hadn't won a series in SL for over 20 years before the recent win ftr.

Our bowlers generally hated to bowl with the kookaburra in those conditions, which was a big part why. Kumble and Harbhajan never really did great in SL even though they did well in India.

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
India hadn't won a series in SL for over 20 years before the recent win ftr.

Our bowlers generally hated to bowl with the kookaburra in those conditions, which was a big part why. Kumble and Harbhajan never really did great in SL even though they did well in India.
Oh they did? I honestly didn't realize that. Then kudos to India beating SL away.

Shri

Mr. Glass
How am I whining?

**** there has been really **** posting here today

This is what happens when nationialism overrides people's common sense

don't understand
If this is the day you are going to start attempting big words(for you), please use spellcheck. As for how you are whining?:laugh:

Daemon

- India were not competitive in Australia. We would likely have gone 4-0 the way we were playing if it wasn't for roads.

- Yes, each of the tracks on this tour were different but they all offered something for the spinners with maybe the exception of the first few days in Ranchi. Definitely favourable conditions for India. That said they were all so varied and India showed how good they were in most of them. That's pretty commendable and shouldn't just be written off as just another home win in favourable conditions.

- India were competitive in SA in a "series with wickets prepared specifically to suit the home team". They also beat England on a greentop that you could say was specifically prepared to suit the home team. Overall we've been **** overseas no doubt, but it's not a stretch to imagine this current team competing overseas.

- I do think India is the 'best' side in the world, though that term is a bit meaningless when there's so many different permutations and combinations of teams that are good in some places and **** in others. Definitely deserve to be ranked #1, which is a different thing imo.

Slifer

International Captain
Yup, India have been a little lucky that Eng/SA & Aust keep cancelling each-other out :p But there's no doubting their record at home.
Prior to their most recent tour England won in India and prior to their most recent tour South Africa either drew or won in India I can't quite remember. Point is India aren't lucky. In the past teams have been able to adapt to playing in India and have competed as a result. This time around, India has improved and smashed all teams in sight (at home).I don't see why people can't just see India as number one (for now) and leave it at that.

I doubt they'll stay there because it's close between them and about 3 other teams. But for now they are (deservedly so).

TheJediBrah

If this is the day you are going to start attempting big words(for you), please use spellcheck. As for how you are whining?:laugh:
Another useless post

- India were not competitive in Australia. We would likely have gone 4-0 the way we were playing if it wasn't for roads.

- Yes, each of the tracks on this tour were different but they all offered something for the spinners with maybe the exception of the first few days in Ranchi. Definitely favourable conditions for India. That said they were all so varied and India showed how good they were in most of them. That's pretty commendable and shouldn't just be written off as just another home win in favourable conditions.

- India were competitive in SA in a "series with wickets prepared specifically to suit the home team". They also beat England on a greentop that you could say was specifically prepared to suit the home team. Overall we've been **** overseas no doubt, but it's not a stretch to imagine this current team competing overseas.

- I do think India is the 'best' side in the world, though that term is a bit meaningless when there's so many different permutations and combinations of teams that are good in some places and **** in others. Definitely deserve to be ranked #1, which is a different thing imo.
Can't tell if you're being serious or not. Are you deliberately summarising all my points from this thread in a satirical manner or actually agreeing with me?

Daemon

Can't tell if you're being serious or not. Are you deliberately summarising all my points from this thread in a satirical manner or actually agreeing with me?
I'm serious, although I don't think the third point is anything you said. Quite the opposite in fact.

Zinzan

Prior to their most recent tour England won in India and prior to their most recent tour South Africa either drew or won in India I can't quite remember. Point is India aren't lucky. In the past teams have been able to adapt to playing in India and have competed as a result. This time around, India has improved and smashed all teams in sight (at home).I don't see why people can't just see India as number one (for now) and leave it at that.
Quit quoting my posts as if to imply I'm saying they're not number 1, this is getting uncanny.

Point was simply that India own things at home because the next best ranked SC side, who incidentally are a weaker side than SA/Aust/Eng, don't tour there. It was a point in isolation.

People are so damn sensitive on this topic. You can say India are the best side, whilst making some minor points against them and people get totally hysterical. Example. When I simply said they didn't look like a side 'literally unbeatable' at home last series

Things aren't 100% black and white.

vcs

completely irrelevant

also completely irrelevant

What are you trying to achieve?
How am I whining?

**** there has been really **** posting here today

This is what happens when nationialism overrides people's common sense

don't understand
Pretty sure I've seen you complain in multiple threads about how Australia would never stoop to doctor home tracks to their advantage, unlike India. You've cited SA and India's recent trips as evidence. Can't be arsed digging up posts in tour threads.

Not all of us have the memory of a goldfish.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Quit quoting my posts as if to imply I'm saying they're not number 1, this is getting uncanny.

Point was simply that India own things at home because the next best ranked SC side, who incidentally are a weaker side than SA/Aust/Eng, don't tour there. It was a point in isolation.

People are so damn sensitive on this topic. You can say India are the best side, whilst making some minor points against them and people get totally hysterical. Example. When I simply said they didn't look like a side 'literally unbeatable' at home last series

Things aren't 100% black and white.
They are beatable ffs but not by the likes of NZ.