• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Warne idiocy hypothesis is probably correct but he was just coming back from injury and it's possible he took the drug to mask a steroid. Either way, he committed a serious offence for which he was suitably punished.

Cricket is actually a very difficult game to cheat at when playing at the highest level.
I don't see how taking anabolic steroids would help much tbh. Anything more than slightly above-average muscle mass is more a hindrance than anything, whether you're a bowler or a batsman. Also why you never see any decent-sized (but lean) cricketers. It would just get in the way. Also greatly increase your chance of getting an injury too.

I see how it could help recovery from certain injuries though, though I'd never prescribe it in that indication, even if it were legal.

TheJediBrah

MCG 2010, was one of the most blatant examples I've seen of a doctored wicket or one that was specifically designed to best suit the home team. They changed the wicket that was intended for the test days before boxing day as they wanted a green deck so swapped to one that was well underprepared. The fact it backfired in such hilarious fashion is irrelevant. That was a doctored wicket.

It amazes me that some of you really do think your **** don't stink and that Aussies are the honorable nation playing cricket. Never ball tamper, never prepare a wicket to suit the home side.......seriously wake the **** up. You're no better and no worse than any of us other ****s.
I love how you genuinely believe this and will never change.

In all seriousness I take some pride that we don't stoop to that sort of dishonourable tactic. I'm Australian, its all we've got if we want to feel moral superiority.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sydney 2011 was not the usual SCG wicket either.
Sydney 2011 was a complete road, wasn't it? That's been pretty normal over the last ten years.

Anyway, Lehmann has come out and called Kohli's accusations absurd, for whatever that's worth. He really does need to put up or shut up, basically.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
SCG wicket has been a dog's breakfast on and off for years. They had that green top against Pakistan a few years ago when Ponting won the toss, batted and we got rolled for about 120.
That's actually another one that springs to mind. A green top in Sydney when the oppositions spinners were (on paper at least) way way better than yours..........hmmmm.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I love how you genuinely believe this and will never change.

In all seriousness I take some pride that we don't stoop to that sort of dishonourable tactic. I'm Australian, its all we've got if we want to feel moral superiority.
Yes I do.........but I'm all ears to a counter argument if you believe I'm wrong.

TheJediBrah

MCG has been too slow for years as well. Maybe something to do with the drop-in, I don't know, but it's definitely not helping us.

We should do dodgy **** like make South Africa play at Sydney and Melbourne but we always give them the Perth test and they always beat us

That's actually another one that springs to mind. A green top in Sydney when the oppositions spinners were (on paper at least) way way better than yours..........hmmmm.
You're really just embarrassing yourself mate. The Pakistan side that got thrashed 3-0 had a better side on paper? And the Sydney green-top, that was the only game where they lost by less than 150 runs because it gave their bowlers excessive help, was prepared to try to give Australia an advantage?

Are you hearing yourself?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
If they did actually doctor a pitch to make it a greentop when the other side had Asif and Amir then everyone involved in that decision should be fired on grounds of borderline criminal stupidity.

MCG has been too slow for years as well. Maybe something to do with the drop-in, I don't know, but it's definitely not helping us.

We should do dodgy **** like make South Africa play at Sydney and Melbourne but we always give them the Perth test and they always beat us
Nah that's just the drop in.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
MCG 2010, was one of the most blatant examples I've seen of a doctored wicket or one that was specifically designed to best suit the home team. They changed the wicket that was intended for the test days before boxing day as they wanted a green deck so swapped to one that was well underprepared. The fact it backfired in such hilarious fashion is irrelevant. That was a doctored wicket.

It amazes me that some of you really do think your **** don't stink and that Aussies are the honorable nation playing cricket. Never ball tamper, never prepare a wicket to suit the home side.......seriously wake the **** up. You're no better and no worse than any of us other ****s.
I honestly don't remember that incident. I will stand corrected if it's true. I remember the MCG being a terrible pitch at the time due to the drop in wicket preparations being awful.

I think that was around the time QLD put on 6/900 in a shield final. So maybe they didn't want a repeat of that (purely conjecture).

Still, even if you are right, I have no idea why we'd prepare a green deck against Broad and Anderson.

TheJediBrah

I honestly don't remember that incident. I will stand corrected if it's true. I remember the MCG being a terrible pitch at the time due to the drop in wicket preparations being awful.

I think that was around the time QLD put on 6/900 in a shield final. So maybe they didn't want a repeat of that (purely conjecture).

Still, even if you are right, I have no idea why we'd prepare a green deck against Broad and Anderson.
And when Johnson, who would get **** all out of a green pitch, just went on a rampage at Perth. Very little makes sense in that conspiracy theory. Broad wasn't playing though, Bresnan was, presumably Flintoff and some other ordinary county bowler that happened to have the series of their life at the same time.

btw I thought the 6/900 was 2005-ish

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator

Because Johnson had had one of his freak Tests and we had Harris. There was some justification to believe that England were vulnerable to falling to pieces if the ball swung, though such justification rapidly fell apart if you looked at it with any seriousness.

Spark

Global Moderator
And when Johnson, who would get **** all out of a green pitch, just went on a rampage at Perth. Very little makes sense in that conspiracy theory. Broad wasn't playing though, Bresnan was, presumably Flintoff and some other ordinary county bowler that happened to have the series of their life at the same time.

I also thought that was at Brisbane.

EDIT: yep http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/241869.html

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

1st test in Brisbane........England rack up 550/1 in their second innings on a road.
2nd test in Adelaide........England win by an innings on a typical Adelaide road.
3rd test in Perth..............Australia thrash on a green seaming wicket.

What do you think they wanted in Melbourne for the 4th test

TheJediBrah

Because Johnson had had one of his freak Tests and we had Harris. There was some justification to believe that England were vulnerable to falling to pieces if the ball swung, though such justification rapidly fell apart if you looked at it with any seriousness.
Greentops help the ball swing?

1st test in Brisbane........England rack up 550/1 in their second innings on a road.
2nd test in Adelaide........England win by an innings on a typical Adelaide road.
3rd test in Perth..............Australia thrash on a green seaming wicket.

What do you think they wanted in Melbourne for the 4th test
Perth was a green seaming wicket? You sure about that?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

2005? Was it really 12 years ago. Bloody hell I'm getting old.

Spark

Global Moderator
Greentops help the ball swing?

Perth was a green seaming wicket? You sure about that?
Well, yes, though not for bowlers named Mitchell Johnson, whose swing honestly seemed to defy the laws of physics back then because of his lack of seam presentation.

abmk

State 12th Man
Calling you one-eyed is not calling you names. There might be a mistranslation here but it basically means you're heavily biased towards your own side. And like I said, that's fine.

What isn't fine is accusations of bias from a non-partisan source and calling them facts. They're conjecture at best.

And it does rankle that Kohli has feed into the wrong and populist Indian view that Aussies are a bunch of cheats (which is mostly based on a certain game in Sydney where the umpire made a blunder). They play hard but they do play by the book.

Cheating is ball tampering (which Australia has never done). Cheating is doctoring pitches to suit the home side instead of preparing them to last five days. Cheating is taking performance enhancing drugs (which one Australian did do and copped a ban for).

Making a mistake which was immediately policed and resulted in no tangible benefit is not cheating. The way Kohli spoke was as if Australia was out there digging up the pitch or tying his shoelaces together while he was batting.

It's crap and I want to see Kohli fined unless he can prove his accusations.
1. Warne, Mark Waugh took bookie's cash:

Warne, Mark Waugh took bookie's cash - Cricket - www.theage.com.au

2. How the hell is making pitches suiting home side instead of preparing them to last 5 days cheating ?
Which rule book on earth says that ?
Your own book of cricket rules ?

and finally the bolded statement is beyond hilarious ...:laugh:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
You're really just embarrassing yourself mate. The Pakistan side that got thrashed 3-0 had a better side on paper? And the Sydney green-top, that was the only game where they lost by less than 150 runs because it gave their bowlers excessive help, was prepared to try to give Australia an advantage?

Are you hearing yourself?
I said better spinners dumbass not a better side.