• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Again, read my post before you call me names. Anyone who has read your posts can make out who is the one eyed supporter here. I said the play by play guys were clearly biased against India. And that is a fact.
Calling you one-eyed is not calling you names. There might be a mistranslation here but it basically means you're heavily biased towards your own side. And like I said, that's fine.

What isn't fine is accusations of bias from a non-partisan source and calling them facts. They're conjecture at best.

And it does rankle that Kohli has feed into the wrong and populist Indian view that Aussies are a bunch of cheats (which is mostly based on a certain game in Sydney where the umpire made a blunder). They play hard but they do play by the book.

Cheating is ball tampering (which Australia has never done). Cheating is doctoring pitches to suit the home side instead of preparing them to last five days. Cheating is taking performance enhancing drugs (which one Australian did do and copped a ban for).

Making a mistake which was immediately policed and resulted in no tangible benefit is not cheating. The way Kohli spoke was as if Australia was out there digging up the pitch or tying his shoelaces together while he was batting.

It's crap and I want to see Kohli fined unless he can prove his accusations.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He didn't actually say that word though.

Even if ye did, banning him for it would still be silly. People get measly fines for much worse misdemeanors on the field
you were saying? :)

Calling you one-eyed is not calling you names. There might be a mistranslation here but it basically means you're heavily biased towards your own side. And like I said, that's fine.

What isn't fine is accusations of bias from a non-partisan source and calling them facts. They're conjecture at best.

And it does rankle that Kohli has feed into the wrong and populist Indian view that Aussies are a bunch of cheats (which is mostly based on a certain game in Sydney where the umpire made a blunder). They play hard but they do play by the book.

Cheating is ball tampering (which Australia has never done). Cheating is doctoring pitches to suit the home side instead of preparing them to last five days. Cheating is taking performance enhancing drugs (which one Australian did do and copped a ban for).

Making a mistake which was immediately policed and resulted in no tangible benefit is not cheating. The way Kohli spoke was as if Australia was out there digging up the pitch or tying his shoelaces together while he was batting.

It's crap and I want to see Kohli fined unless he can prove his accusations.

stephen

And the thing that irks most of all is I wanted to be talking about the wonderful test we just had and not fighting about stupid accusations by a stupid man.

Kohli has brought the game into disrepute with his comments.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Couple of questions.....

- How do you know that Australia has never ball tampered?

- Do you believe that Australia has never "doctored" a home wicket?

Starfighter

Just seen the headline on crapinfo that MMarsh has been ruled out due to his previous shoulder injury. Makes me wonder why he was there in the first place.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Couple of questions.....

1. Because it isn't in the spirit of the game, so no Australian would ever do it. Apart from me. When we come off for rain I try to grab the ball, pinch the seam together then sit it in a pie oven during the delay. Goes at right angles afterwards.
2. No, they've never really had to. You would never see a situation in Australia where, for example, Perth was made to be low and slow to assist spin like England did at The Oval in 2009. That was actually the most blatant example of deliberately altering a pitch so it in no way resembled its usual characteristics.

Burgey

Just seen the headline on crapinfo that MMarsh has been ruled out due to his previous shoulder injury. Makes me wonder why he was there in the first place.
I would like to like this 100 times, but then I remember I don't like seeing players injured.

TheJediBrah

"never" being the operative word? Who knows and who the **** cares.

I think we should start doing it tbh. It's much more likely for that to happen than trying to get other countries, who don't see it as wrong, to stop doing it. But then that begs the question of how Aus would doctor a pitch to suit them. I'm no curator but I'd guess it's easier to make a pitch significantly drier, spinni-er and slower than normal than it would be to make a pitch much more bouncier and faster than normal.

If you're referring to Warney I still don't really think he took a performance enhancing drug. He probably just took a banned substance because he's an idiot.

Burgey

He didn't actually say that word though.

Even if ye did, banning him for it would still be silly. People get measly fines for much worse misdemeanors on the field
Agree with this. Fine is plenty sufficient if anything is to come of it at all.

stephen

Couple of questions.....

I don't know the former (can't prove a negative), but there have never even been so much as an accusation from a reputable source AFAIK.

Australia have not doctored a pitch since the tied test (and that was done to induce a result). In fact there's always an outcry if Aussie pitches don't behave like they used to.

TheJediBrah

I don't know the former (can't prove a negative), but there have never even been so much as an accusation from a reputable source AFAIK.

Australia have not doctored a pitch since the tied test (and that was done to induce a result). In fact there's always an outcry if Aussie pitches don't behave like they used to.
There's been conjecture that Australia tried to doctor the Melbourne pitch against England in 2010 to make it more seam-friendly. Not sure how much merit it has and still doesn't make much sense to me how that would help them when England had Anderson, Bresnan etc. and we had Johnson, but I've heard people say it.

Ancient history anyway I guess.

What we really need to do is just keep the wickets as fast and bouncy as possible.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
You guys need to have a more pessimistic view of humanity. Everyone's a **** and nobody's word should be taken at face value. Next Test please!

stephen

"never" being the operative word? Who knows and who the **** cares.

I think we should start doing it tbh. It's much more likely for that to happen than trying to get other countries, who don't see it as wrong, to stop doing it. But then that begs the question of how Aus would doctor a pitch to suit them. I'm no curator but I'd guess it's easier to make a pitch significantly drier, spinni-er and slower than normal than it would be to make a pitch much more bouncier and faster than normal.

If you're referring to Warney I still don't really think he took a performance enhancing drug. He probably just took a banned substance because he's an idiot.
The Warne idiocy hypothesis is probably correct but he was just coming back from injury and it's possible he took the drug to mask a steroid. Either way, he committed a serious offence for which he was suitably punished.

Cricket is actually a very difficult game to cheat at when playing at the highest level.

stephen

Sad for him. I actually think he had it in him to go large. I guess we'll get Maxwell next test then. Which means Bird is back in the picture depending on the surface.

Burgey

Wut? Imran made a career of it.

Anyway, with MMarsh on his way home I hope Moises is on the next plane to India.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
MCG 2010, was one of the most blatant examples I've seen of a doctored wicket or one that was specifically designed to best suit the home team. They changed the wicket that was intended for the test days before boxing day as they wanted a green deck so swapped to one that was well underprepared. The fact it backfired in such hilarious fashion is irrelevant. That was a doctored wicket.

It amazes me that some of you really do think your **** don't stink and that Aussies are the honorable nation playing cricket. Never ball tamper, never prepare a wicket to suit the home side.......seriously wake the **** up. You're no better and no worse than any of us other ****s.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
MCG 2010, was one of the most blatant examples I've seen of a doctored wicket or one that was specifically designed to best suit the home team. They changed the wicket that was intended for the test days before boxing day as they wanted a green deck so swapped to one that was well underprepared. The fact it backfired in such hilarious fashion is irrelevant. That was a doctored wicket.

It amazes me that some of you really do think your **** don't stink and that Aussies are the honorable nation playing cricket. Never ball tamper, never prepare a wicket to suit the home side.......seriously wake the **** up. You're no better and no worse than any of us other ****s.

Sydney 2011 was not the usual SCG wicket either.

Burgey

Sydney 2011 was not the usual SCG wicket either.
SCG wicket has been a dog's breakfast on and off for years. They had that green top against Pakistan a few years ago when Ponting won the toss, batted and we got rolled for about 120.