• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Bahseph

International Debutant
The fact that this series is 1-1 going into the 3rd Test is music to my ears. I'm enjoying the edge.

91Jmay

International Coach
Kohli spot on about looking to dressing room. Should end the chance of DRS being used by the batsmen/fielding team, umpires need to be tough on it.

Burner

International Regular
Always thought Kohli was a really smart dude even though he doesn't act like that on the field but with his comments, rebuttal to Healy etc now I don't know what to think. A simple 'that's his opinion' would've done.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Simplest solution is that no replays may be shown by the local broadcaster until the DRS time is up.... don`t think the dressing rooms have footage available that quickly otherwise.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always thought Kohli was a really smart dude even though he doesn't act like that on the field but with his comments, rebuttal to Healy etc now I don't know what to think. A simple 'that's his opinion' would've done.
But that would've been boring. It's clear Kohli spent the evening searching for videos of Healy being a ****, probably on Rob's channel. So petty and entertaining, Wouldn't have it any other way.

OverratedSanity

Simplest solution is that no replays may be shown by the local broadcaster until the DRS time is up.... don`t think the dressing rooms have footage available that quickly otherwise.
Not about just the replays though is it? Even in real time, I think having a screen in front of you can be pretty helpful in making a judgement.

Victor Ian

International Coach
dfuk is Kholi on about. World's ****tiest DRSer (even Worse than Watto) trying to deflect attention.

So devastated that Australia didn't win this one. It just shows how impossible a task it is touring here. I'm loving these pitches. Unrivalled excitement compared to roads.

StephenZA

Not about just the replays though is it? Even in real time, I think having a screen in front of you can be pretty helpful in making a judgement.
Pulling up a screenshot within 15 seconds... possible I suppose but still feels difficult to do with benefit, and getting it wrong on first glance is pretty common. Does not change the fact that he should not have looked at the dressing room.... even in the heat of the moment.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What I don't understand is why you CANT look at the dressing room? Third umpire starts a timer from the decision. You have 30 seconds (or whatever number you want to pick) to review. If the coach upstairs notices it was a bad decision (or a good decision), why is it bad if he signals to the player? It's just about getting it right, and it won't really slow down the game assuming the timing issue is strictly enforced.

vcs

Kohli's being nice here. Those two haven't smacked 4 200s in the last 8 months or so. :)

harsh.ag

It is definitely possible that members of the Indian team (not necessarily Kohli) noticed the Aussies looking up to the dressing room for advice on DRS referrals more than once. Maybe there was a signal of some kind. It's possible for it to fly under the match referee's radar. Have the officials given their statement after going through the entire match tape? I don't think that can be true since the match had barely ended when their statement came out.

Ugghh. It has come down to defending Kohli after the horrendous test he had. What a **** for making me do this.

harsh.ag

What I don't understand is why you CANT look at the dressing room? Third umpire starts a timer from the decision. You have 30 seconds (or whatever number you want to pick) to review. If the coach upstairs notices it was a bad decision (or a good decision), why is it bad if he signals to the player? It's just about getting it right, and it won't really slow down the game assuming the timing issue is strictly enforced.
It's supposed to be captain's call (or the batsman's call). Spirit of the game applies too. The game is to be played on the field, between the players. Support staff is for after hours and breaks only. Not to be used as a crutch.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's supposed to be captain's call (or the batsman's call). Spirit of the game applies too. The game is to be played on the field, between the players. Support staff is for after hours and breaks only. Not to be used as a crutch.
Why should it be like that?

Spark

Global Moderator
I think we should acknowledge this sentiment has been well and truly dead in practice for a long time for reasons having nothing to do with the DRS.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also the whole point of technology and even the third umpire is that you're using things that aren't on the field to make sure the game is fairer and smoother.