• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Well played, India. Commiserations to Australia. There is a rhythm to Test cricket in India, much like how it usually goes in Aus. India were always winning this as soon as the lead reached 150; it's just spectacularly hard for visiting teams to play on crumbling 4th/5th day wickets against buzzing fielders and loud crowds.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
As an aside, why is Lyon above Hazlewood in the batting order? He has a worse batting average and his batting seems to be getting worse if anything.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Australia lost 6/11

That is up there with the best of them

We gave them 7/11. They were trying to pay us back but not fully done yet.

TBH, Australia have shown enough fight to be #1 in my mind at the moment amongst test sides. There is nothing much between the sides, but I dont think India would have done what Australia did here to them there.

bigmitch

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Why no love for Khawaja
Because he doesn't deserve it. Tbh he can stay in the nets for this whole series making ****** videos for cricket.com.au with Agar. He has shown time and time again he has no plan against spin, like Warner vs The Brain today but somehow worse. He wasn't even that spectacular at home against Pakistan.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well played, India. Commiserations to Australia. There is a rhythm to Test cricket in India, much like how it usually goes in Aus. India were always winning this as soon as the lead reached 150; it's just spectacularly hard for visiting teams to play on crumbling 4th/5th day wickets against buzzing fielders and loud crowds.
Yeah I remember early on in the 3rd innings I said something like "150 would be horrible to chase here". Just had no confidence that such a thing was even especially possible, frankly. You get one like Smith got and, well, what are you meant to do?

Midwinter

State Captain
When Compton (i think. cbf checking) said it was time for drop Marsh for Maxwell, I literally thought, "wait we don't have any reserve batsman?" and didn't remember until you said it. I'd be on board with bringing a batsman over tbh.
Who would that be ?

indiaholic

International Captain
Smith will go down as one of the great Aussie captains if he can continue to mould the team in his image. Didn't expect such stubbornness from the entire side. WAG he is.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I remember early on in the 3rd innings I said something like "150 would be horrible to chase here". Just had no confidence that such a thing was even especially possible, frankly. You get one like Smith got and, well, what are you meant to do?
It's different though. I think if it had been a chase of 140-150, I think Australia would've won. Those extra 40-50 runs put so much pressure. Even remove that last wicket partnership from India's innings and it could've been so tight. The margin oversells how close this actually was.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both sides need one change. Vijay back for Mukund and Maxwell in for MMarsh. Australia also need Nevill in for Wade but let's not get carried away in our snob emotions.

I also wouldn't mind replacing Ishant, even though he did well today and has shown a lot of heart. That depends on the next pitch though.

Great day of cricket. A bit of a tame ending. Kudos to Australia for the way they played this game. Both teams need to minimize their mistakes. There have been too many.