• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I might need to stop checking this thread.

The constant whinging that India are about to collapse, and that what I can only assume is intentional mis-reading of the match situation, wasn't entertaining 40 overs ago and certainly isn't entertaining now.
tbf from reading CricInfo commentary these two are pretty lucky to be still surviving. Whether that a collapse happens means Australia are favourites again is another question.

Burgey

The constant whinging that India are about to collapse, and that what I can only assume is intentional mis-reading of the match situation, wasn't entertaining 40 overs ago and certainly isn't entertaining now.
Yep it's a crock of ****e. And it's unfunny, thereby once again proving Burgey's second immutable law: there is no such thing as a subcontinental cricket an with a decent sense of humour.

Burgey

Current Laws:

So Lyon can, under current rules, pull out of his action when he sees either of these guys coming down the wicket to him, and attempt to run them out
Jeez that's an insane law. I bat a bout a foot outside my crease when I play of a Saturday arvo because the bowlers are spuds and lack pace. If one of them threw the ball in an attempt to run me out I'd probably whack the ****ing thing over midwicket and be given out interfering with the field.

cnerd123

likes this
These two are genuinely surviving by the skin of their teeth now. Some impressive strokeplay mixed in with constantly being beaten on both edges Bounce is erratic, there is some sharp turn, and these two are taking it on, which is great cricket from a neutral POV but geez so hard to watch as an Indian fan.

Burgey

These two are genuinely surviving by the skin of their teeth now. Some impressive strokeplay mixed in with constantly being beaten on both edges Bounce is erratic, there is some sharp turn, and these two are taking it on, which is great cricket from a neutral POV but geez so hard to watch as an Indian fan.
Tis heart in mouth stuff. Whole series aside from yesterday last session has basically felt like a wicket can fall any and every ball. It's ****ing compelling to watch.

cnerd123

likes this
Jeez that's an insane law. I bat a bout a foot outside my crease when I play of a Saturday arvo because the bowlers are spuds and lack pace. If one of them threw the ball in an attempt to run me out I'd probably whack the ****ing thing over midwicket and be given out interfering with the field.
tbf the bowler has to justify that you standing out your crease is an attempt to steal a run in order to get you run out, which, if you are stationary, probably won't hold water.

And similarly, you can get away with whacking it by justifying that you're trying to protect yourself.

Ultimately it's the umpire's call. So if he finds you a **** you're in trouble.

Burgey

tbf the bowler has to justify that you standing out your crease is an attempt to steal a run in order to get you run out, which, if you are stationary, probably won't hold water.

And similarly, you can get away with whacking it by justifying that you're trying to protect yourself.

Ultimately it's the umpire's call. So if he finds you a **** you're in trouble.
Dude, you haven't seen me try to run lately.....

I do remember one umpire in our comp one year tell a batsman who batted miles out of his crease and who was really tall that he couldn't keep batting where he was because when he plonked his foot on the track it was in the danger area where bowlers get warned for stepping.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
tbf from reading CricInfo commentary these two are pretty lucky to be still surviving. Whether that a collapse happens means Australia are favourites again is another question.
I'll come out an say it - if Jaddu get the new ball and gets to bowl unchanged for as long as he can, Aus are probs gonna struggle to get past 150 let alone 200.

But if Ashwin does a lot of the bowling, especially to the lefties...

Zinzan

I swear this thread has brought Gambhiring and waahing to a new & unprecedented level.

Starc has been poor incidentally.

Is 230 too much for Australia to chase down 4th dig?

Burgey

Get the spinners back on with the new rock and have four close in with some uneven bounce.

Zinzan

Hazel looks like he's going to get a wicket every 2nd ball, but just not getting any luck.

I smell a collapse pending