• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stop coming down the track this often!!!
Under the new Mankad rule, if a batsman leaves his crease before the ball is bowled by a spinner to come down the track, can the spinner throw the ball and run him out? Now that​ would be something to see.

cnerd123

likes this
Under the new Mankad rule, if a batsman leaves his crease before the ball is bowled by a spinner to come down the track, can the spinner throw the ball and run him out? Now that​ would be something to see.
You can already do this under current rules ftr

Would be called a no-ball, and I think you can get cautioned for it (will need to check), but yea you can already do this

anil1405

International Captain
Well played Rahane. Kumble said before the test that there was no chance Rahane was being dropped and persistence has paid off so far.

cnerd123

likes this
I dont understand how these two are still surviving.

A collapse has to be around the corner. This is ridiculous

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Excellent from India, but is this deck playing better than the first couple of days or these two just batting really well?

Compton

International Debutant
I might need to stop checking this thread.

The constant whinging that India are about to collapse, and that what I can only assume is intentional mis-reading of the match situation, wasn't entertaining 40 overs ago and certainly isn't entertaining now.

cnerd123

likes this
Current Laws:

Law 38 said:
1. Out Run out

(a) Either batsman is out Run out, except as in 2 below, if, at any time while the ball is in play,

(i) he is out of his ground
and (ii) his wicket is fairly put down by the action of a fielder.

(b) (a) above shall apply even though No ball has been called, except in the circumstances of 2(b)(ii) below, and whether or not a run is being attempted.

Law 42 said:
15. Bowler attempting to run out non-striker before delivery

The bowler is permitted, before entering his delivery stride, to attempt to run out the non-striker. Whether the attempt is successful or not, the ball shall not count as one of the over.
If the bowler fails in an attempt to run out the non-striker, the umpire shall call and signal Dead ball as soon as possible.

16. Batsman stealing a run

It is unfair for the batsmen to attempt to steal a run during the bowler’s run up. Unless the bowler attempts to run out either batsman - see 15 above and Law 24.4 (Bowler throwing towards striker’s end before delivery) - the umpire shall

(i) call and signal Dead ball as soon as the batsmen cross in such an attempt.

(ii) inform the other umpire of the reason for this action.

(iii) return the batsmen to their original ends.

(iv) award 5 penalty runs to the fielding side.

(v) inform the batsmen, the captain of the fielding side and, as soon as practicable, the captain of the batting side, of the reason for this action.

(vi) together with the other umpire report the occurrence as soon as possible after the match to the Executive of the batting side and to any Governing Body responsible for the match, who shall take such action as is considered appropriate against the captain and players concerned.

Law 24 said:
4. Bowler throwing towards striker’s end before delivery

If the bowler throws the ball towards the striker’s end before entering his delivery stride, either umpire shall call and signal No ball. See Law 42.16 (Batsmen stealing a run). However, the procedure stated in 2 above of caution, informing, final warning, action against the bowler and reporting shall not apply.
So Lyon can, under current rules, pull out of his action when he sees either of these guys coming down the wicket to him, and attempt to run them out

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm going to say it, Pujara tonning up here would be the greatest ton this game will ever see and future generations of followers will be borderline suicidal at having not witnessed it in their lifetime.