• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If India knock up a chase of 250, I can't wait for all the Indian fans to moan and bitch that Australia are ahead before celebrating in glory when we collapse on what will be a seriously difficult chase. It's ****ing pathetic to hedge your bets with this gambhiring bull****. Just cut it out.

Anyway, I hope Steve tells Starc to pull his head in with his line and Lyon has been icing his hand all night

This is when Warner needs to step up and fix his overseas record and stop living off his glorious ODI knocks at north Sydney. If he knocks a 10 off 8 balls before scooping one to midwicket I'll smash my third iPhone of the year.
Yeah absolutely he does. The time for bright and relatively breezy 20s and 30s is over. He needs to make a big score here (in the context of the game) or he can gagf.

cnerd123

likes this
The cricket needs to start ASAP, look at the ridiculous conversations we're having here fmd.
IDK, I kinda wanna enjoy the match being in the balance for a while longer before I have to see India lost 6/1 and Warner smashing 60(40)* to end the game in the first session today.

Spikey

you can tell Harsh hasn't been a mod for long because the veterans mods had no problem throwing him under the bus.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Amazingly I have literally no memory of having done this :laugh:
You would've accidentally done it at the same time you made a post. There's a "Close this thread" checkbox to the left of "Post Quick Reply" for mods that you wouldn't be used to yet.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The obvious conclusion is that I've been hacked by someone who cares about closing down the an Ind-Aus series where Lyon is star performer. Like for most of CW scandals, I'm gonna point the finger at Blocky.

Burgey

The obvious conclusion is that I've been hacked by someone who cares about closing down the an Ind-Aus series where Lyon is star performer. Like for most of CW scandals, I'm gonna point the finger at Blocky.
I think it could be TJB

Daemon

Yeah absolutely he does. The time for bright and relatively breezy 20s and 30s is over. He needs to make a big score here (in the context of the game) or he can gagf.
He hasn't been bad so far. Made a very useful 38 last game and his second innings failure was only because the plan was to go after the bowling hard.

In this game he scored the bulk of the runs in a 50 run opening partnership which is pretty handy as well. Wouldn't be too harsh on him.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah I think there's an important but subtle difference between being naturally pessimistic and actually Gambhiring. I actually find even the former kind of annoying at the extremes, but at least it's sincere. Gambhiring is a poison on the community, and while it's funny when someone says something that soon after seems like a jinx, the amount of posts dedicated to the whole jinxing/anti-jinxing trope in the match threads these days has gone too far and is making them a bit infuriating at times. I've actually given up following a day's play on CW a couple of times lately. There needs to be some sort of push back against it.
Warnings/Infraction - 50 Points. Reason: Gambhiring.

cnerd123

likes this
Warner hasn't been bad but he's supposed to be our premier batsmen along with Smith.
Im so worried that he's going to play one of those Sehwag-esque fourth innings knocks where he takes a big chunk out of a tricky target in no time, making the chase a lot easier.

OverratedSanity

Im so worried that he's going to play one of those Sehwag-esque fourth innings knocks where he takes a big chunk out of a tricky target in no time, making the chase a lot easier.
Yeah sehwag was awesome in those situations.

Literally once in his whole career.