• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India's 2nd Innings sweepstakes,

azh - 306
That would be a flat out mouth watering chase - 220 odd with lots of time. Would ensure a result one way or another unless it buckets. Would have India as favourites but wouldn't consider it an insurmountable total.

I'm predicting a tie here. Low scoring, hard-fought match on a pitch with lots in it and Australia is playing. Get on.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Fair enough, but in all honesty it's going to be ****ing ****** if India builds a lead of 280-300 and there's pricks on here going "Warner'll knock this off in a session and a half, we're gonna lose, I can't watch etc etc." It's just ********* posting from people who, Shri aside, actually have decent insight into the cricket.

Not an India-specific criticism btw.

I just think Oz will do better every time when India is in a situation where they are "expected" to do well. Happened in Pune when we batted and after we won the toss and batted here. Happened in the 3rd innings at Pune as well with the ball and on day 2 here. That is the other thing that worries me about this test. But if we do get like 280 ahead (and there is realy no way we will), I will definitely feel better of our chances. But that is just counting chickens when the egg is not even out yet.

cnerd123

likes this
Im not Gambhiring. We lost 5/33 on Day 1 on this same pitch against these same bowlers. We could easily do that again, if not worse.

250 is a long way away. And I don't trust a broken Ashwin, Ishant, Yadav and an underbowled Jaddu to keep Australia to anything less than 250.

Daemon

What aggressive posting and Gambhiring??
Aggressive probably the wrong word. Defensive? Like the rolleyes emoji and immediately hitting back at anyone who have disagreed first in a very defensive manner. I don't know man, maybe the tone isn't translating well across the internet.

OverratedSanity

Aggressive probably the wrong word. Defensive? Like the rolleyes emoji and immediately hitting back at anyone who have disagreed first in a very defensive manner. I don't know man, maybe the tone isn't translating well across the internet.
Ok teacher.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@Daemon:

I did not use that smiley in this thread as far as I recall unless the post in question deserved it. And I have pretty much been having good discussions on the actual cricket. Yes I have been negative about India's chances but how can you call that Gambhiring when the team have been this bad so far this series? ,

OverratedSanity

You're annoyed by the gambhiring but not about apparently all this complaining and debate about the merits and demerits of gambhiring is so enjoyable?

Just post about cricket pls everyone. Be as positive/negative as you want.

Burgey

You're annoyed by the gambhiring but not about apparently all this complaining and debate about the merits and demerits of gambhiring is so enjoyable?

Just post about cricket pls everyone. Be as positive/negative as you want.
Nah look, when you have a situation where the match is plainly evenly poised or close enough to it, to have posters add every second over that their team is going to lose 7 for 1 and lose by X wickets within an hour and it's because another poster made a positive comment is just **** posting. It's different to saying "I reckon we aren't that far ahead because our tail is rubbish/ Y bowler is a gun and might run through us so I'm still not convinced we are in front", though if people repeated that every second over that would be bad enough.

It's the blatant posting along the former lines that ****s up a thread imo. And it's been a really, really good thread tbh. It's just repetitive bull**** for no reason at all. I mean, you can post what you like pretty much, but it really is a pile of **** imo. Give us some insight or comment on what's going on. FMD we've all watched enough cricket to put forward something interesting. Or have some banter. But this gambhiring **** reached epic proportions yesterday. There's just no need for it imo. ****s up my checking on the thread while watching Married at First Sight - I have to trawl through pages of **** gambhiring to get a decent insight. Not good enough. Lift, ffs.

Spikey

It's the blatant posting along the former lines that ****s up a thread imo. And it's been a really, really good thread tbh. It's just repetitive bull**** for no reason at all. I mean, you can post what you like pretty much, but it really is a pile of **** imo. Give us some insight or comment on what's going on. FMD we've all watched enough cricket to put forward something interesting. Or have some banter. But this gambhiring **** reached epic proportions yesterday. There's just no need for it imo. ****s up my checking on the thread while watching Married at First Sight - I have to trawl through pages of **** gambhiring to get a decent insight. Not good enough. Lift, ffs.

this is it. you can say once a match we're doomed, let's go kill ourselves, but to drone on endlessly...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TBH, even though I dont think any of us were really GAmbhiring but as far as I saw, even the negative posts were not that many and everytime there was a proper cricketing point made there was good discussion around it. I think most posters here have been around long enough to see when it gets repetative and annoying and stop themselves, except DAemon and his Gandhi posts, that is. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah look, when you have a situation where the match is plainly evenly poised or close enough to it, to have posters add every second over that their team is going to lose 7 for 1 and lose by X wickets within an hour and it's because another poster made a positive comment is just **** posting. It's different to saying "I reckon we aren't that far ahead because our tail is rubbish/ Y bowler is a gun and might run through us so I'm still not convinced we are in front", though if people repeated that every second over that would be bad enough.

Yeah I think there's an important but subtle difference between being naturally pessimistic and actually Gambhiring. I actually find even the former kind of annoying at the extremes, but at least it's sincere. Gambhiring is a poison on the community, and while it's funny when someone says something that soon after seems like a jinx, the amount of posts dedicated to the whole jinxing/anti-jinxing trope in the match threads these days has gone too far and is making them a bit infuriating at times. I've actually given up following a day's play on CW a couple of times lately. There needs to be some sort of push back against it.

Daemon

@Daemon:

I did not use that smiley in this thread as far as I recall unless the post in question deserved it. And I have pretty much been having good discussions on the actual cricket. Yes I have been negative about India's chances but how can you call that Gambhiring when the team have been this bad so far this series? ,
Don't you see? You're doing it right now. The rolleyes was for the Ashwin being the least effective bowler so far. Fair enough if you disagree but it came across as defensive.

Anw I'm going to stop because I haven't exactly been a bastion of excellence myself.

Spikey

Yeah I think there's an important but subtle difference between being naturally pessimistic and actually Gambhiring. I actually find even the former kind of annoying at the extremes, but at least it's sincere. Gambhiring is a poison on the community, and while it's funny when someone says something that soon after seems like a jinx, the amount of posts dedicated to the whole jinxing/anti-jinxing trope in the match threads these days has gone too far and is making them a bit infuriating at times. I've actually given up following a day's play on CW a couple of times lately. There needs to be some sort of push back against it.
You just became suspect number #1 in the great "Who locked the tour thread" mystery tbh