• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I honestly think even 250 may not be really safe coz if one side can score 350 almost surely the side batting 4th would find it that much easier to score runs too. Either way, its moot as we are still 90 off even getting 150 as a lead.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I honestly think even 250 may not be really safe coz if one side can score 350 almost surely the side batting 4th would find it that much easier to score runs too. Either way, its moot as we are still 90 off even getting 150 as a lead.
That argument implies no lead is ever safe in any game because if one team did it, so can the other team. I think depends what you mean by "safe". Safe doesn't mean "guarantee" as far as I'm concerned because obviously this is sport and there's no such thing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, I mean in the context of a game where scores are getting progressively higher, which is what will happen if we were to assume that this hypothetical game had identical first and second innings scores to the current one.

Burner

International Regular
India CAN defend 150 here. It's going to be the fourth innings and Aus are going to piss themselves just because it's the fourth innings.

Although I don't think India are going to get to 150 though. Collapse is on.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
No, I mean in the context of a game where scores are getting progressively higher, which is what will happen if we were to assume that this hypothetical game had identical first and second innings scores to the current one.
Well the sample size is too small to extrapolate like that. Plus you have the added pressure of chasing. I think you'd need a fantastic batting performance to get 250 chasing last here, hence my statement that I'd be comfortable with that lead. If Australia get that, well done to them, and it would be well worth a watch.

In any case, the first target should be 150 because that gives you something to semi reasonably defend.

Compton

International Debutant
I reckon this pitch is probably a bit better to bat on than yesterday. Still an absolute minefield for a new batsman, mind.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well the sample size is too small to extrapolate like that. Plus you have the added pressure of chasing. I think you'd need a fantastic batting performance to get 250 chasing last here, hence my statement that I'd be comfortable with that lead. If Australia get that, well done to them, and it would be well worth a watch.

In any case, the first target should be 150 because that gives you something to semi reasonably defend.

Yes.. but setting 250 after 400 plays 486 would be more of a safer position than when 189 plays 276, is my point. Anyways 150 itself is a very long away and it implies we need to bat better than we have ever done this series, so not really gonna happen.