• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Did Sok just replicate the approach the Indian spinners had with great success or was the pitch a minefield?

burr

State Vice-Captain
I'm late to everything but just heard Warne on the commentary. Glorious. I really don't get it though - has SOK offended him personally. Why so much hate, Shane?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Has got to be it. He always underrated people he didn't like personally - Waugh, Gilchrist, etc. I don't think he's as dumb as he sounds - he's just full of himself.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I still expect India to pull this off. They were just complacent against the spinner, and probably didn't do their homework like they were suppose to. I don't understand how batsman can struggle against someone such as Hazlewood: the guy has no pace, and not much variations in his repertoire. He looks like the most difficult fast bowler to face in the world today. He probably has a great cricketing intelligence.

Burner

International Regular
How enthralling has this test been though? Would take this over 400 vs 600 everyday of the week. But unfortunately I think this is the last time we are going to see a pitch like this if and when India go on and lose this.

Burner

International Regular
Also how good is Smith against spin! He's had his share of luck but there's nothing in his technique for bowlers to use against him. Even in the first innings he was solid and was only undone by a brain-fart. Probably has the best eye in the game right now. It must frustrate fast bowlers so much that they are perennially in a state of 'ahh, almost had you, you ****' mode when bowling to him. He's the ugliest ****er on the planet and it pains me that he just won't go away.

Kirkut

International Regular
Rahane is polar opposite of 90's Indian batsmen, very good against pace but poor against even normal spin bowling.

indiaholic

International Captain
Also how good is Smith against spin! He's had his share of luck but there's nothing in his technique for bowlers to use against him. Even in the first innings he was solid and was only undone by a brain-fart. Probably has the best eye in the game right now. It must frustrate fast bowlers so much that they are perennially in a state of 'ahh, almost had you, you ****' mode when bowling to him. He's the ugliest ****er on the planet and it pains me that he just won't go away.
Wish Smith was left handed. Would have been my favourite batsman. Difficult to love ugly right handed batsmen.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Was that Mark Butcher on the commentary? Thought so but not sure. If so, very glad he's getting the bigger gigs - been a big fan for a long time. One of the best comms out there.