• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So, Warner, Smith, Shaun Marsh, Renshaw, Starc and Hazlewood - Australia will pretty much play with 6 players in place of 11 the whole series. Don't think anyone else will really show up except maybe Maxwell (won't change my mind even if Lyon gets 5 for 150).

Burner

International Regular
Renshaw dun good but how much of it was due to a good ****? All of it imo. Probably felt he could conquer the world after going through the struggle in the loo.

Bijed

International Regular
Renshaw dun good but how much of it was due to a good ****? All of it imo. Probably felt he could conquer the world after going through the struggle in the loo.
It's certainly not uncommon for batsmen to do better with the confidence they get from recent runs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon Australia would saw off a limb for an extra 50 odd runs here. It's going to come down to whether Lyon and SOK can contain when they bowl, as much as it is about wickets from them. I don't think hey can do it, but if they can make India fight as hard for runs as Australia had to, then his may still be a contest.

India a mile in front imo (not gambhiring, they just are). Nostrils was brilliant.

Burner

International Regular
I am not having my fingers crossed for either Lyon or O'Keefe. Starc and Hazlewood on the other hand..

burr

State Vice-Captain
"I hope he's lying on the table in there half dead''

AB's response to Renshaw made me so happy. Never change AB.

Not that I'm in agreement mind, I would have done exactly the same thing as Renshaw.

Only in cricket (in India) would there be this much talk about toilet breaks.

"Steve was good and he understands that 'when you need to go to the toilet, you've got to go to the toilet'."

Never change test cricket, you're the best.

Burgey

"I hope he's lying on the table in there half dead''

AB's response to Renshaw made me so happy. Never change AB.

Not that I'm in agreement mind, I would have done exactly the same thing as Renshaw.

Only in cricket (in India) would there be this much talk about toilet breaks.

"Steve was good and he understands that 'when you need to go to the toilet, you've got to go to the toilet'."

Never change test cricket, you're the best.
Tipping Renshaw will be gifted a butt plug by team mates on this tour. Going off the field still better than having a suspicious m as on the ground a la Rafa in the Aus Open final.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Starc’s now scored more 50s in his last 3 Tests than the Oz No. 6 & 7’s have managed in the last 15 Tests (including this one).

Heard Warne say a few times during the summer how he rated Mitchell Johnson a better bat than Starc. Perhaps Johnson was technically better but Starc has currently a better average and his ability to play innings like this shouldn’t be underestimated.

Burgey

Yeah the six and seven spots are awful for Australia atm. Have been for ages. Genuinely dunno where they go with it on the rest of this tour. Maybe Maxwell for MMarsh, but he's no guarantee to do any better, and it would probably mean dropping one of the front line spinners for Bird.

Compton

International Debutant
Marsh and Wade shouldn't be at 6 and 7.

No one thinks they're good enough, and they've both consistently shown themselves to be nothing but failures at this level.

Debris

International 12th Man
Yeah the six and seven spots are awful for Australia atm. Have been for ages. Genuinely dunno where they go with it on the rest of this tour. Maybe Maxwell for MMarsh, but he's no guarantee to do any better, and it would probably mean dropping one of the front line spinners for Bird.
This is just confirming for me how useless all-rounders are. You have to be able to hold your spot in the side as either a batsman or a bowler. Neither Marsh nor Maxwell tick a box here. Australia would be far better off picking Khawaja and hoping SL was a temporary aberration in form.

Burgey

Luckily Wade's keeping is up to such a high standard

Going for an early sweepstake here. I'm tipping two dropped catches and two missed stumpings in India's first innings.

Burgey

This is just confirming for me how useless all-rounders are. You have to be able to hold your spot in the side as either a batsman or a bowler. Neither Marsh nor Maxwell tick a box here. Australia would be far better off picking Khawaja and hoping SL was a temporary aberration in form.
Don't disagree with the sentiment, but tbh Uzzie looked gash against spin a lot of the time at home as well. I'd love him to make big runs in the SC, but I can't see it happening in the immediate future. It would solve a lot of problems if he did.

Debris

International 12th Man
Don't disagree with the sentiment, but tbh Uzzie looked gash against spin a lot of the time at home as well. I'd love him to make big runs in the SC, but I can't see it happening in the immediate future. It would solve a lot of problems if he did.
I just have more confidence in a quality batsman working out a flaw in his game than I do in a terrible batsman suddenly becoming a good one, I guess.