• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And IMO its India's day. The track looked much worse than it actually played. The exaggerated turn is not as difficult to negotiate given how slow the wicket is and until there was reverse, the seamers were not too effective either. So having won the toss, Australia should have fancied 350 and so, its India who will be happier overall at the end of the day, stupid last 40 mins notwithstanding.

But fully expect Australian bowlers to show up the 5 man Indian batting line up though. Somehow our guys hate genuine pace on such tracks. Starc should be a handful.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I was out having a drive when 2-8 fell. What happened - Did Australia lose the wickets or did India take them? I cant' really tell from the commentary

Motorwada

Banned
And IMO its India's day. The track looked much worse than it actually played. The exaggerated turn is not as difficult to negotiate given how slow the wicket is and until there was reverse, the seamers were not too effective either. So having won the toss, Australia should have fancied 350 and so, its India who will be happier overall at the end of the day, stupid last 40 mins notwithstanding.

But fully expect Australian bowlers to show up the 5 man Indian batting line up though. Somehow our guys hate genuine pace on such tracks. Starc should be a handful.
But our tails pretty good too.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I have a feeling India will make 350 plus so I'd have to say India's day but it could have been a lot worse for Australia; Starc basically kept them in it. I do not share Warne's optimism that 250 is a ''good score'' on that wicket.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we need a new category of pitches. This one, or at least a couple in the last few series, seem like a Spinny Road.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It is not a road but it is not a 250 - 280 wicket either. I wouldn't call 350 - 400 a 'road' like total to be honest in the recent history of Indian wickets. Regarding turn, four of the wickets fell to seam. It is certainly a very interesting wicket. It had a bit of everything really, good old-fashioned batting by Renshaw, reverse swing, turn, diarrhea...

Well I guess we'll see how well Australia played tomorrow when India play their innings...

anil1405

International Captain
Every time Johnson scored some runs, he inevitably picked up bagful of wickets to go with those runs. Hope he hasn't passed on that torch to Starc.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every time Johnson scored some runs, he inevitably picked up bagful of wickets to go with those runs. Hope he hasn't passed on that torch to Starc.
I do hope. If Starc doesn't pick up wickets, then there's no point to this series.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Australia struggled. India will for sure rack up a score of more than 400. If they can score another 50 runs which is unlikely since they have 1 wicket remaining, they may still be in for a shout, but the problem is that they have no choice but the bowl extremely well, and have to bat even more better in their 2nd innings. Pitch is only going to get tough to bat on. They can however take inspiration from Starc's innings. Just take your time at the crease, and punish the bad balls. India's day for sure. Umesh has been impressive as of late. I reckon he is one of the inform bowlers in the world today. He should definitely be part of India's one-day plan especially for the Champions Trophy. India has all bases covered. Question still remains how well they can perform like this away from home. I still will maintain that Pakistan are the only side that can beat India in tests at home. Yasir Shah on these pitches will be unplayable. Problem is that there won't be a test series between those sides anytime soon: it's been far too long. Bangladesh have been the only team thus far that posed the best challenge to India. It was sad to see just a 1 test, but these other teams get to play 3 or 4 tests. It's understandable since Bangladesh are not marketable.

Compton

International Debutant
Missed the evening session. Checked the scorecard and audibly said "what the **** Australia?" in my meeting.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Warner and Smith are overrated. Until they can play on turning pitches, they are simply known to excel on flat and fast pitches. Even then, someone such as Steve Smith can not play on any pitches unless it is a road. I still rate the likes of Root and Kane much higher than someone such as Smith. India dominated today's play. Actually, India has been on a role ever since Kohli took over as captain. Day 2 will probably set the tempo for the rest of the test match. It will be interesting to see how the Australians bowl. They actually played pretty well during the test series in Sri Lanka last year despite losing all the matches. Could've quite easily been 3-0 to Australia instead. Everyone's overrating this Australia side. They look weak compared to India. I'm glad I did not tune into this first day of play, and probably for the rest of this test match and possibly the series. Pitch is only going to get tough to bat on.

Burner

International Regular
The pitch hasn't played too bad imo. I wouldn't be surprised if India go 500 on this. Unlike Aus, don't think India are going to gift-wrap their wickets once they are well-in.

Gob

International Coach
Warner and Smith are overrated. Until they can play on turning pitches, they are simply known to excel on flat and fast pitches. Even then, someone such as Steve Smith can not play on any pitches unless it is a road. I still rate the likes of Root and Kane much higher than someone such as Smith. India dominated today's play. Actually, India has been on a role ever since Kohli took over as captain. Day 2 will probably set the tempo for the rest of the test match. It will be interesting to see how the Australians bowl. They actually played pretty well during the test series in Sri Lanka last year despite losing all the matches. Could've quite easily been 3-0 to Australia instead. Everyone's overrating this Australia side. They look weak compared to India. I'm glad I did not tune into this first day of play, and probably for the rest of this test match and possibly the series. Pitch is only going to get tough to bat on.
Sadly he does tune in to post here

Gob

International Coach
That being said i also failed to tune in due to being on the road. Agree with boohner though can definitely see India making atleast 350 and that'll probably be enough to win