• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is a good chance that the Indian batting line up can be found out here too. We are playing 1 batsman short and as good as Saha, and the lower order have been, you know that none of them are actually good enough to be test match #6 batsmen and we are only doing it to accommodate the 5 bowlers that we need in these conditions.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And I don't see anything wrong with a pitch spinning or seaming on day 1. Way better than watching batsmen score effortless runs. Batsmen are the worst.
No problems with a pitch spinning on day 1... have a problem when Dean Elgar looks like he is bowling landmines...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
That Nagpur pitch was a different (horrible) beast... highest innings (first) was India's 215...SA getting bowled out for 79 in the 2nd innings was not good, but neither was that pitch.
I am fine with this assessment as long as the same assessment is made on this pitch

1st Test: New Zealand v Pakistan at Christchurch, Nov 17-20, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

The conversation shouldn't really be about whether turning pitches are bad or not. The conversation should be, if we tend to accept as norm the latter and raise eyebrows at the former.

Personally I love and always have loved more bowlers than batsmen at any given point in cricket and this is the only format where bowlers can dominate every now and then so I'm fine with both.

Right now Ashwin is my favourite player in both the sides combined so would love to see him run through sides

adub

International Captain
alright, now I want some Sporto sweats and one of that girl in the Gionee ad to go with my Datto and the mens perfume.

One of you Indian ****s be a lamb and organise shipping all of that back to God's Own for me. Give the hottie a bit of a feed for the trip would ya. Thanks.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In hindsight it would have been ****ing hilarious if handscomb had edged that double bouncer.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The conversation shouldn't really be about whether turning pitches are bad or not. The conversation should be, if we tend to accept as norm the latter and raise eyebrows at the former.

Personally I love and always have loved more bowlers than batsmen at any given point in cricket and this is the only format where bowlers can dominate every now and then so I'm fine with both.

Right now Ashwin is my favourite player in both the sides combined so would love to see him run through sides
Agreed... only caveat is you can`t stop swing. You can leave a little grass on the pitch (which also helps spin sometimes). But if the conditions are heavy and the ball swoops around corners can`t blame the pitch.

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
250 will be a good score

Jadeja is not a spinner of the ball and is turning it a lot

Hope MMarsh is positive otherwise looks a sitting duck
If aussies score anything less than 300 this game is done, there is turn but this pitch will get slower, you will get odd balls zipping through but as seen in innings up to now those won't take wickets.

Also how good a bowler is marsh, can he reverse the ball?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am fine with this assessment as long as the same assessment is made on this pitch

1st Test: New Zealand v Pakistan at Christchurch, Nov 17-20, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

I understand this pov, but I think the feeling is that if pitches are bunsens from day one then they'll break up and be unplayable in fairly short order. That line of thinking doesn't hold with a lot of decks, but i think it's the default position a lot of people take, maybe based on the old days when decks which turned from ball one *did* break up.

The sortof pitch I'm thinking of is the one in Mumbai(?) in 2004 when Clarke got his 6/9.

The difference between a pitch which turns big and is dry from day one and a pitch which seams everywhere early on is that the latter will often flatten out later and batting comes back into it. The traditional thought line with an early turner is it'll only get worse and batting won't be a factor in the game.

Not saying those thought lines are right btw, just that they're quite prevalent.

There's no excuses re this pitch, or indeed most SC pitches. The batsmen are working hard for their runs against good bowling in conditions unfamiliar to them but which are hardly unplayable. Warner, Smith and Marsh (3 of the 4 dismissals) were simply poor shot selection/ execution, just as they would be on any other deck.

Last edited: