• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swepson does have a great FC strike rate though. Would like to see him and SoK play in one game at least.

Gnske

It'll happen, just a question of when the selectors run out of patience.

It'd be a miracle if Lyon plays all 4 tests.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Pune's wicket is what they say it is this is gonna get ugly. Even a Nagpur-esque turner would suit us better.

Burgey

Brettig tweeting that there's a suggestion only one of Starc and Haze will play. Surely that can't be correct.

Spikey

Brettig tweeting that there's a suggestion only one of Starc and Haze will play. Surely that can't be correct.
Nocookies | The Australian

(not sure if behind playwall)

the idea of playing lyon, sok and (x) spinner is nuts. clearly suggests to me that there's a loss of faith in the lyon/sok partnership (which hey, I never had) because that 3rd spinner is, ideally, not getting much of a shot anyway.

Starfighter

Going for the England strategy and picking three mediocre spinners will be as disastrous as it was for England. Good fast bowling can take wickets in spinning conditions and we've got to go for our strength. Of course the selectors and fathead Lehmann will probably go for the stupidest possible option.

Gnske

Has to be pre-series panic attack.

The horses for courses meme the selectors hinted at a couple of months ago couldn't possibly be done this stupidly.

Spikey

Has to be pre-series panic attack.

The horses for courses meme the selectors hinted at a couple of months ago couldn't possibly be done this stupidly.
I know. Everything has been handled fairly well up until this point. I hope it's nothing

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
If Khawaja is basically out because of his SL form, why not Hazlewood? Last two Tests of that series didn't look any more threatening than M Marsh.

Taking that a bit further, why Lyon is the only spinner guaranteed selection based on his prev Asia form is a mystery to me but anyway.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Interesting how the 'India pitches are hellish minefields' trend has been very strong in Oz media reports, even for someone usually measured like Brettig. At a guess it's a reflection of the private mix of panic and anger within the Oz camp.

Burner

International Regular
If either Hazlewood or Starc don't play I hope Australia lose in the most ignominious way.

harsh.ag

Would be interesting to see how the "attacking young batsman KL Rahul" fails in the first test, esp if 3 spinners are playing.

Starfighter

If Khawaja is basically out because of his SL form, why not Hazlewood? Last two Tests of that series didn't look any more threatening than M Marsh.
At least Haze should be able to keep the batsmen quiet, especially if he bowls with the accuracy he did during the summer here, and he's still decently threatening when the ball's reversing.

TheJediBrah

Interesting how the 'India pitches are hellish minefields' trend has been very strong in Oz media reports, even for someone usually measured like Brettig. At a guess it's a reflection of the private mix of panic and anger within the Oz camp.
Or, you know, it could be a reflection of them having looked at the pitch the Test is going to be played on

Burner

International Regular
What is the pitch report? Is it that it is a raging turner? Or a flat road? The site doesn't work for me.