• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree not ideal, but 1 off 10 doesn't matter if he gets to 40 (35). End of the day just depends on the final total and strike rate. Of course its also important Broom doesn't feel the need to do something stupid because of Santner, so its a fine balance.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree not ideal, but 1 off 10 doesn't matter if he gets to 40 (35).
That's a big if, but we'll see. 40 off 35 is arguably still bit slow in the last 10 overs, unless someone is going berserk at the other end although I suppose being 6 down it's okay.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats Broom, aged 33 and finally looks like he belongs at this level. Has turned over the strike really well here too.

_Ed_

I'm only watching on Cricinfo so haven't seen the innings, but 50 off 56 is a terrific contribution from Broom in this situation.

Flem274*

123/5
that was all very low key for a cheeky shot followed by an excellent non-chalant grab

and the boundary rope is clearly cheating there by creeping in

Flem274*

123/5
that honesty does break the narrative of australians always cheating to get people out though which is sad

imagine being neil broom if that was given after his brad haddin stumping a few years back lol

Zinzan

Remember NZ are going to be using a part-time batting keeper as well, but surely Latham won't be near this bad.

Meanwhile, brainless Southee. You have to take some responsibility sometimes. He just needed to survive 6 deliveries.

Last edited: