• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
This is such a poor performance with the bat, what's worse is the Aussies have dropped catches too.

I'll be shocked if Aus don't win it, there's no demons in the pitch and there won't be any scoreboard pressure.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is mediocre but they can still salvage this. Just bat sensibly til the 40th over. Don't try and get 350 and be heroes. Have wickets in hand and then you can go big later

Mike5181

International Captain
If there's a silver lining to this, it's that Broom gets an opportunity against a top side without having to hit from ball one.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This is mediocre but they can still salvage this. Just bat sensibly til the 40th over. Don't try and get 350 and be heroes. Have wickets in hand and then you can go big later
I agree wholeheartedly, but there's no hitters left after these guys (Southee I know but I can't see Starc being too worried about him).

Get 250+, hope it swings and for ****'s sake take our catches.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I agree wholeheartedly, but there's no hitters left after these guys (Southee I know but I can't see Starc being too worried about him).

Get 250+, hope it swings and for ****'s sake take our catches.
Yeah good point. I was thinking if these two could quietly continue doing what they're doing for another ten overs then our RR is good and would build towards a surprisingly good score. However Santner, Southee, Ferguson, Boult is not a good tail, especially while both Hazlewood and Starc have five overs left each.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not the right time for that shot with 12 overs to go.

Would be ok with Santner making sure he stays in here, even if he's scoring at a SR of 50 for a bit. Southee, Boult, Ferguson aren't going to. Though Starc would back himself to castle Santner anyway of course.

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah good point. I was thinking if these two could quietly continue doing what they're doing for another ten overs then our RR is good and would build towards a surprisingly good score. However Santner, Southee, Ferguson, Boult is not a good tail, especially while both Hazlewood and Starc have five overs left each.
This is one of those times that Milne/Kuggeleijn, if they were available, would have been useful down the order.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I get we couldn't afford to lose another straight away, but 1 off 10 Santner? Post the 40th over.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I get we couldn't afford to lose another straight away, but 1 off 10 Santner? Post the 40th over.
No warner, no Smith. Its okay. All out 250 is the disaster scenario. Obviously better if he pushes singles but get 280 and its game on, even on this ground.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No warner, no Smith. Its okay. All out 250 is the disaster scenario. Obviously better if he pushes singles but get 280 and its game on, even on this ground.
I get the knife-edge nature of being 6 down, but you should be able to at least get to 5-6 off 10 without much risk. 1 off 10 in the 40th over is just yuck.