• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On a scale of certain to beyond certain how certain is it Gaz is going to get 100% outbowled in India by O'Keefe or whoever else he gets partnered with?
Considering how such a prediction went in Sri Lanka, maybe we'd better not say.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Had to laugh at Warnie talking up Lyon's bowling in this match #neveradmityou'rewrong

OK, so 2/100 might be a bit harsh on him but let's not pretend that it was some kind of stellar performance where on another day, he could've picked up 5 or 6

He was serviceable and that's about it

Furthermore, I saw nothing in this match to suggest that he'd be a better bet than SOK in India as the latter at least provides control & variations in spin/bounce on those pitches could see him do well
Ch 9 Comms have been like that throughout his career. Get frustrated if he bowls on the stumps but they go into positive drool mode if he bowls it outside off stump. Michael Clarke seems to be the worst (prob bc he was a long-time teammate).

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Smith laying on the undeserved praise on Pakistan for their competitiveness. They were tripe for 80% of the series and if the follow-on option had been used, all Tests could've been innings defeats.

Starfighter

Ch 9 Comms have been like that throughout his career. Get frustrated if he bowls on the stumps but they go into positive drool mode if he bowls it outside off stump. Michael Clarke seems to be the worst (prob bc he was a long-time teammate).
If he stays on or outside off stump where he should be it won't be so noticeable.

I didn't think O'Keefe bowled very well either. Was tighter than Lyon but there were some really **** overs and he looked less like creating chances.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith laying on the undeserved praise on Pakistan for their competitiveness. They were tripe for 80% of the series and if the follow-on option had been used, all Tests could've been innings defeats.
Apart from the 4th innings in the first test they've been utterly putrid.

Starfighter

Anyway, out of Pakistan bowlers I think Shah was the most disappointing. He really was completely clueless at how to bowl in these conditions, and spent the whole time bowling too flat down leg. For a guy who's done so well previously he was complete, absolute, 100% ****.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Apart from the 4th innings in the first test they've been utterly putrid.
I think that many of us took too much from that Brisbane chase. Sure, it was highly admirable but the pressure was off and it was more or less a free hit; when the stakes were high in the 1st inns with the bat they wilted totally. In truth Oz dominated that match until final session of Day 4.

Azhar Ali the only bright spot from an individual perspective on this tour. Also, how safe is Mickey Arthur?

Slifer

International Captain
Usually when Australia has just finished thumping a team, their fans usually try to portray it as some return to dominance or a start of a new golden era. Glad to see that oz fans no longer delude themselves

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Usually when Australia has just finished thumping a team, their fans usually try to portray it as some return to dominance or a start of a new golden era. Glad to see that oz fans no longer delude themselves
It's probably because they lost a home series earlier in the summer this time.

CW fans are usually a bit more sensible than the media anyway. Usually. :p

Gnske

Gotta say guys, that win and this series reminded me of the old Australia. The one that dominated for two decades, ruthelss, dominating, efficient.

The World Number One ranking is in our sights I reckon, I have a feeling we're back to gold.