• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And the team which so many on here were calling the no. 1 in the world few months a go loses by a whitewash.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And the team which so many on here were calling the no. 1 in the world few months a go loses by a whitewash.
Nah, many including me had serious doubts about their credentials even after the 2-2 in England. It's just that the bar is low in world cricket right now. All you need is a favorable run of fixtures to fall your way to get up there.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Amazing amount of praise Lyon has gotten from media and commentators all summer (incl Ian Chappell just now) considering his record for the summer is 17 wickets @ 49.88.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's Chris Martin level bad with the bat.
Nah, many including me had serious doubts about their credentials even after the 2-2 in England. It's just that the bar is low in world cricket right now. All you need is a favorable run of fixtures to fall your way to get up there.
Yeah I think every team is a some chance of suffering a whitewash loss away against at least one team at the moment, and *someone* has to be number one. It's a relative rather than absolute claim.

Last edited:

social

Had to laugh at Warnie talking up Lyon's bowling in this match #neveradmityou'rewrong

OK, so 2/100 might be a bit harsh on him but let's not pretend that it was some kind of stellar performance where on another day, he could've picked up 5 or 6

He was serviceable and that's about it

Furthermore, I saw nothing in this match to suggest that he'd be a better bet than SOK in India as the latter at least provides control & variations in spin/bounce on those pitches could see him do well

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Had to laugh at Warnie talking up Lyon's bowling in this match #neveradmityou'rewrong
He spent some time today when Yasir was batting talking about how Yasir had been "fantastic with the ball" in this series too. It's like most of his commentary lines were written before the series and are spat out regardless of what actually happens.

Starfighter

Anyway, Haze's series economy was 1.99. That's incredible, especially considering how batting friendly the surfaces were. The next best was SO'K with 2.78

Gnske

On a scale of certain to beyond certain how certain is it Gaz is going to get 100% outbowled in India by O'Keefe or whoever else he gets partnered with?