• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

S Africa calls for its players to stay

DriveClub

International Regular
I'm a bit sad, as a cricket fan i want the best players to be playing international cricket but understand the decision. Int cricket will be poorer for abotts absence.

SeamUp

International Coach
EWN Sport ‏@EWNsport 3m3 minutes ago
#Kolpak Domingo says he has a lot of respect for Simon Harmer - says he could learn for a few years and still come back a better player.

SeamUp

International Coach
Dane Piedt was fit and well but didn't play for the SA invitational side and was replaced by George Linde.

Had CSA got wind of something ?
Our answer

IOL Sport ‏@IOLsport 42s42 seconds ago
Russell Domingo: @dane_piedt63 is not signing a #Kolpak deal. Good challenge for him as @CobrasCricket captain

Marius

International Debutant
Oh I know... but I bet some county will try!
If that happened I would support paying an extra one percent of my salary in tax as a special 'Rabada Tax' to keep the youngster here.

Rather let me tax money go to that than paying for Nkandla.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Need more of our players to get big ipl deals. Only real way to combat this. Or get our own proper 20/20 comp...

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If that happened I would support paying an extra one percent of my salary in tax as a special 'Rabada Tax' to keep the youngster here.

Rather let me tax money go to that than paying for Nkandla.
Heck... I would do this for the entire SA team.

SeamUp

International Coach
Domingo and Lorgat can blame these players all they want.

Quotas leaves uncertainties and proactivity is required to try to give themselves the best opportunity to keep the 'top top bracket.

All failed.

Marius

International Debutant
Need more of our players to get big ipl deals. Only real way to combat this. Or get our own proper 20/20 comp...
Yeah. Someone like Chris Morris will be less susceptible to a Kolpak deal cause he's coining it in the IPL.

Tony Irish was on the radio the other day and he said one way to keep youngsters in SA is to have a really sh*t hot T20 comp, which rivals the BBL.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still don't understand why a Kolpak player can't be picked for SA.. I read the Wiki page and it only talks about freedom of movement and right to work in the EU. Is it because Hampshire only offered him a more lucrative contract under the condition that he should not play for SA?