• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

S Africa calls for its players to stay

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another joke post surely? We are talking in the context of picking sporting teams. Quotas ensure that the team is not picked on merit. That is textbook inequality.
wait what isn't this exactly what you were having a go at me for saying? or are you being sarcastic?

my feeble mind is way too confused by this thread

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
wait what isn't this exactly what you were having a go at me for saying? or are you being sarcastic?

Have you been on the weed today Brah?? FMD, he quoted me so one assumes he's responding to me and not you. And your last post was having a crack at me for something "no one"said............and I'd quoted what that no one said in the post you challenged me on!!

Pull yourself together man.

would enjoy it a lot more if you contributed something other than personal attacks and nonsensical rants

Please don't play the woe is me card and make false claims simply because you can't follow logical thought.

Do enjoy the discussion though. I'm really done with you on this one this time. Good bye :)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Another joke post surely? We are talking in the context of picking sporting teams. Quotas ensure that the team is not picked on merit. That is textbook inequality.
I really wish I had more self discipline, as I really need to stay out of these threads because quiet honestly they make my ****ing blood boil.

Bottom line Fred Tetanus, it has been over 20 years since the end of Apartheid and afaic all the time that the situation depicted in that picture of Cape Town still exists, then the SA government needs to do anything and everything it can to fix it. To even use the term "inequality" against whites is reprehensible, and shows either a total lack of knowledge, or a lack of compassion for happened in SA during 50 years of apartheid.

TheJediBrah

Please don't play the woe is me card and make false claims simply because you can't follow logical thought.

Do enjoy the discussion though. I'm really done with you on this one this time. :)
You've contributed nothing in your last 5 posts. You can't even tell me what I said that you disagree with.

Find something else to do with your time

I really wish I had more self discipline, as I really need to stay out of these threads because quiet honestly they make my ****ing blood boil.

Bottom line Fred Tetanus, it has been over 20 years since the end of Apartheid and afaic all the time that the situation depicted in that picture of Cape Town still exists, then the SA government needs to do anything and everything it can to fix it. To even use the term "inequality" against whites is reprehensible, and shows either a total lack of knowledge, or a lack of compassion for happened in SA during 50 years of apartheid.

So you don't think that sporting teams should be picked on merit? Bizarre!

Your rant is completely off topic. Again, we are talking in a sports context. The shanty towns of black South Africa have nothing to do with it.

By all means let you blood boil. It's quite comical.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So you don't think that sporting teams should be picked on merit? Bizarre!

Your rant is completely off topic. Again, we are talking in a sports context. The shanty towns of black South Africa have nothing to do with it.

By all means let you blood boil. It's quite comical.
I'll bet you a hundred bucks you're banned before the end of today.............I'm out of here before I am too.

brockley

International Captain
Why you guys going on with this.
Can't you remember last year foreigners were bashed lynched,some killed.
Businesses were closed down and the owners harrassed just because they were foreigners.
I don't know what kind of country Zuma is running,but its not good.

Zinzan

Have you been on the weed today Brah?? FMD, he quoted me so one assumes he's responding to me and not you. And your last post was having a crack at me for something "no one"said............and I'd quoted what that no one said in the post you challenged me on!!

Jeez TJB, have a lie down or something mate. :laugh:

TheJediBrah

Didn't see this.
Back on topic, I think you might be confused by someone saying there is "inequality" in a specific environment and assuming they mean there is "inequality" in the country in general.

Saying that there is racial "inequality" in the selection process of the national cricket team, isn't controversial, or "reprehensible", it's a simple statement of fact.
On the other hand, saying that this means there is racial inequality (against Whites) in the country of South Africa, or even in South African cricket, is very debatable. Perhaps "reprehensible".

One does not necessarily mean the other.

TheJediBrah

Its cause and effect, mate.
obviously

You are talking as if they are mutually exclusive
Not even in the slightest. I'm literally just stating a fact, making no comment on whether it's "right" or on any issues it represents.

I'm not, nor was I ever, saying that quotas are the wrong thing to do, or that they are bad for South Africa. I don't have enough information to make an informed decision on the topic.