• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Oh it happened, & the reasons were perfectly clear, SA were missing their two premier bowlers.

Be a bit like them playing India with Ashwin & Jadeja unavailable.
Cool, so we can ignore India walloping England because Broad and Anderson weren't fully fit. Good to know.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yea, but I am comparing it to the scenario without DRS. Umpires were giving fewer LBWs, fewer decisions because there was benefit of the doubt thing.. which would slightly help batsmen, especially home batsmen.
It wasn't significant but the odd decision would 'tend' to go in their favor.

And when things are not going your way and a single decision can bring the bowlers back in the game.

This is just my opinion.
not sure if this is really true but fair enough I guess

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

But if that was the case, it would also follow that touring teams in India would be better off with DRS than they were before, making India less strong as a home team?
I'm not saying that would happen at all, but if you think it will help India touring then you'd have to think it would hurt them at home to the same extent (if anything even more).

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
not sure if this is really true but fair enough I guess

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

But if that was the case, it would also follow that touring teams in India would be better off with DRS than they were before, making India less strong as a home team?
I'm not saying that would happen at all, but if you think it will help India touring then you'd have to think it would hurt them at home to the same extent (if anything even more).
Yea ofcourse.
(Btw I've already stated that in one of the previous posts.)

Rootfan

Banned
Cool, so we can ignore India walloping England because Broad and Anderson weren't fully fit. Good to know.

Can we have half a point back for each of the first three tests here then where one of Anderson or Broad were unavailable?
Broad and Anderson have bowling averages that add up to 85+ in India. To even equate that to SA in SA without Steyn/Philander is laughable and dishonest.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
But Kohli has brought in noticable positive changes to the team in terms of their approach, attitude & fitness (India are more ruthless now than ever before, at home). So this negates it all, and thus India will continue to be formidable at home, unless opposition also have quality spinners

akilana

International 12th Man
Broad and Anderson have bowling averages that add up to 85+ in India. To even equate that to SA in SA without Steyn/Philander is laughable and dishonest.
come on. Anderson averages 26 if you remove his first 40 or 50 tests. He has been out of the world in India where his best figures were 4 for 40.

TheJediBrah

But Kohli has brought in noticable positive changes to the team in terms of their approach, attitude & fitness (India are more ruthless now than ever before, at home). So this negates it all, and thus India will continue to be formidable at home, unless opposition also have quality spinners
you've lost me again

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The only way to know who is number one is to adopt a larger time frame in order to include victories on tour. It is the only way to do it. It would be equally unfair if England were proclaimed number one for solely nibbling the ball about on their green seamers in the English summer a la 2015 Ashes.

Why not use past 10 years then, why 5?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lmao that was always what the discussion was about. You just completely missed the point and came barging in making a fool out of yourself.

And yes, they were absolutely "slow and low, ridiculously more so than normal". Just because they had more bounce and carry than a Mumbai dustbowl mean's nothing, the whole point of the discussion is how they relate to average Australian pitches.

"by any normal standards of cricket wicket judgement" is completely irrelevant

Basically hb, try to understand what people are talking about before coming in and posting such absolute irrelevant **** next time

Riiight.. completely irrelevant coz it does not suit your stupid ass excuse that you are trying to masquerade as a cricket point, sure. Dude, you try to understand cricket first before you post unsubstantiated and lame as **** excuses next time. 8-) The pitches had enough carry and bounce even compared to the 2003 series against India. Its not India's fault that Johnson's purple patch did not last more than a couple of series or that Harris retired before the series. There was a LOT of bounce and carry compared to some of the pitches I have seen in Australia itself and that was the whole point. Even compared to an Australian average wicket, these had the same bounce and carry, maybe slightly less but surely not "ridiculously" less as you put it and now you are just shifting goal posts coz you understand that was not right. And have u even watched matches in Mumbai and how much the ball bounces there? As I said at least try to understand cricket before you post irrelevant and false bs just because it happens to excuse the performances of the team and players you support.

It's a simple fact. As I've said twice already, they definitely didn't do it on purpose, but it's worked out that way a few times lately.

Just another coincidence that over the last decade Asian teams always tend to get the Sydney Test and rarely the Perth Test, South Africa always get the Perth Test etc.

Yes sure, it has nothing to do with RSA having their home season at the same time as Australia and wanting to play the latter half of the summer over there around Christmas and the SC sides being available to tour during Christmas season and CA knowing they can pull in the best numbers during the holiday season. And remind me of how slow and low the Sydney wicket was in 2011 again? Oh right......... Guess CA care about their finances only when Australia do not play well. 8-)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Without DRS, the home tends to benefit more.. than the away team as the marginal decisions or the benefit of doubt (given by umpires) tends to go more in their favour even when the batsman is actually out. (ball hitting leg stump or impact being inside the line but due to benefit of doubt was adjudged to be too close/ risky to give out).

So the umpires are more cautious with LBWs and thus you see teams racking up bigger scores against the weaker Indian bowling which creates fewer chances away from Asia.

But with DRS, suppose Aus is 240/4 and a LBW decision is not given. Thanks to DRS now, India reviews and the decision is over-turned, so instead of it typically becoming 550/8 at SCG under the no DRS system, it changes to 400 all out..

Or the umpires are happier to give decisions or they can be more aggressive with their decisions, rather than playing on the safe side because there is a safety net with Drs
More like Ishant strikes ar 240/4 -> review-> front foot no ball

Rootfan

Banned
Steyn averaged over 100 in Australia.

Finished.
When? His highest cumulative average in Aus is 40.50 after his second innings there. You are simply throwing around random lies and making irrelevant points to hide the fact that Anderson/Broad in India are in no way comparable to Steyn/Philander in SA ; akin to comparing Root to Ponting. For that matter, Steyn/Philander>>>>>>>Anderson/Broad anywhere outside England.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Riiight.. completely irrelevant coz it does not suit your stupid ass excuse that you are trying to masquerade as a cricket point, sure. Dude, you try to understand cricket first before you post unsubstantiated and lame as **** excuses next time. 8-) The pitches had enough carry and bounce even compared to the 2003 series against India. Its not India's fault that Johnson's purple patch did not last more than a couple of series or that Harris retired before the series. There was a LOT of bounce and carry compared to some of the pitches I have seen in Australia itself and that was the whole point. Even compared to an Australian average wicket, these had the same bounce and carry, maybe slightly less but surely not "ridiculously" less as you put it and now you are just shifting goal posts coz you understand that was not right. And have u even watched matches in Mumbai and how much the ball bounces there? As I said at least try to understand cricket before you post irrelevant and false bs just because it happens to excuse the performances of the team and players you support.
What "excuses"? This like the 4th time you've said this. What is there to be made excuses for? I know English isn't your first language but you're making absolutely no sense

If you honestly think that the pitches that serious were comparable to normal Australian pitches then fair enough, completely bat**** insane and stupid that you think that, but at least the point you're making is fair, if you honestly believe that

btw you completely misunderstanding the point of an argument and then only realizing later isn't "switching goalposts" lol

Yes sure, it has nothing to do with RSA having their home season at the same time as Australia and wanting to play the latter half of the summer over there around Christmas and the SC sides being available to tour during Christmas season and CA knowing they can pull in the best numbers during the holiday season. And remind me of how slow and low the Sydney wicket was in 2011 again? Oh right......... Guess CA care about their finances only when Australia do not play well. 8-)
not sure how any of this is relevant at all

I've said like 4 times that CA aren't helping touring sides on purpose