• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To beat Australia in their own backyard, you have to come at them aggressively. There's no way McCullum wouldn't have had at least 3 slips for Boult against Warner up front.

Zinzan

That's the way Santner, take Wailing's keeping out of play. Bowl him instead.

Flem274*

123/5
To beat Australia in their own backyard, you have to come at them aggressively. There's no way McCullum wouldn't have had at least 3 slips for Boult against Warner up front.
meh, he had his go when it was actually important, did all that and lost too.

no chappell-hadlee fiddle around will make up for the world cup final or day one brisbane.

lol hack

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, because we all remember how McCullum had 3 slips in during the World Cup final when Warner nicked one straight to 2nd slip. Pity 2nd and 3rd slip spontaneously dematerialised at the last second, but you can't control everything as a captain.

Zinzan

Yeah, because we all remember how McCullum had 3 slips in during the World Cup final when Warner nicked one straight to 2nd slip. Pity 2nd and 3rd slip spontaneously dematerialised at the last second, but you can't control everything as a captain.
Yeah, because one world cup final shapes every future fielding strategy. I'll pay you the credit that you're not actually using that as a real argument Bahnz, expected that from Flem , not you.

For me it's simple, the first over of Boult bowling to Warner, the guy you want to dismiss up front, I'm having a minimum 3 slips every time. You don't restrict Warner, you dismiss him. Now if it's there's nothing there after a couple of overs, then change your field.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably been mentioned before but it's insane that Khawaja can't get a gig in front of Finch, Bailey or Head

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, because one world cup final shapes every future fielding strategy. I'll pay you the credit that you're not actually using that as a real argument Bahnz, expected that from Flem , not you.

For me it's simple, the first over of Boult bowling to Warner, the guy you want to dismiss up front, I'm having a minimum 3 slips every time. You don't restrict Warner, you dismiss him. Now if it's there's nothing there after a couple of overs, then change your field.
heh, what even is this argument? NAH DUZNT COUNT COZ I DONT WANT IT TO

i agree kane should be more aggressive sometimes, but i also don't think it is panic stations. it's his first summer in the job, and some posters already want to bin him for the faintest potential skipper they can find. it's ridiculous.

fleming took time to come to grips with captaincy. so did graeme smith. brendon mccullum was often criticized for being too funky and aggressive., and it was often fair.

kanes winning at home and the first odi was hardly 45 all out or even a normal disaster. nz missed chances in the field and then ran out of batting because australia took theirs.

honestly you ****ers need to chill.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with 3 slips up front, but I'm getting a bit sick of this "Oh McCullum was so much better he would've done it this way." It's highly revisionist considering 2/3rds of the forum spent the last year of McCullum's tenure poking holes in his tactics.

Zinzan

heh, what even is this argument? NAH DUZNT COUNT COZ I DONT WANT IT TO

i agree kane should be more aggressive sometimes, but i also don't think it is panic stations. it's his first summer in the job, and some posters already want to bin him for the faintest potential skipper they can find. it's ridiculous.

fleming took time to come to grips with captaincy. so did graeme smith. brendon mccullum was often criticized for being too funky and aggressive., and it was often fair.

kanes winning at home and the first odi was hardly 45 all out or even a normal disaster. nz missed chances in the field and then ran out of batting because australia took theirs.

honestly you ****ers need to chill.
Haha, are you posting from some sort of parallel universe today? I made one comment that McCullum would have had 3 slips, shortly after Warner nicked one wide of 2nd. Who needs to chill?

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
He probably can, but he's not needed at the moment given this is a home series between two test series. Don't have a problem with them giving travis head an extended run if they believe he'll be thereabouts for the next world cup.

Blocky

Banned
The plans to Smith are starting to be "Bowl wide outside off and make him come after it" - that width would allow most other batsmen to flay it through the offside. If he could add that to his game, especially in these conditions where he can trust the bounce, it would make that awkward ugly stance even more effective as bowlers wouldn't be able to plug him up as they're doing here.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, are you posting from some sort of parallel universe today? I made one comment that McCullum would have had 3 slips, shortly after Warner nicked one wide of 2nd. Who needs to chill?
everyone panicking about kane's captaincy for the past few weeks. i think i saw latham suggested the other day as odi skipper. he who is only just getting moving in the format.

Zinzan

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with 3 slips up front, but I'm getting a bit sick of this "Oh McCullum was so much better he would've done it this way." It's highly revisionist considering 2/3rds of the forum spent the last year of McCullum's tenure poking holes in his tactics.
Hardly revisionist, he was our ODI captain less than 12 months ago.