• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

ImpatientLime

International Regular
god i hope england call up gubbins just to piss off people born north of watford.

i keep reading that billings is an excellent player of spin, is there any truth to this?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't be pissed off if we call up Gubbins. I'd be pissed off if we called up Compton even with him being out there working for Cricinfo. I have no personal preference of who we call up. Don't mind if it an opener or middle order player as Root could open. Just hope whoever we do call up plays ahead of Duckett and Ballance and I hope they do well.

Heboric

International Debutant
Whats the story with Jennings,

If you are in the unfortunate situation of listening to his dad commentate you would hear him constantly whine about being patient etc, why then was he so quick hoofing his son of to England rather than trying to play for South Africa. ****ing hypocrite. Especially now that South Africa team is rebuilding so places up for grabs.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would still get Bhuvi in for Umesh despite his performance, and even though Umesh should have more wickets to his name than he does.

Honestly even if India want to keep Umesh in the side, I'd still want Bhuvi in place of the extra batsmen, I know it sounds crazy but that's how badly I want him in the side. We can afford to adjust him given our lower middle order.
Trouble is if we do that, we are going all England now with 3 seamers and 3 spinners and a h4x lower order, even two offspinners :)

Groundking

International Debutant
One thing we can't do again next test is play 3 ****ING SPINNERS! Why did we not learn from the UAE that this is a dreadful idea for us...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

If you are in the unfortunate situation of listening to his dad commentate you would hear him constantly whine about being patient etc, why then was he so quick hoofing his son of to England rather than trying to play for South Africa. ****ing hypocrite. Especially now that South Africa team is rebuilding so places up for grabs.
Until this season I don’t think anyone would have said Jennings would be an international player, so it may be a case Jennings went to England as playing for Durham pays better than playing semi-professionally for Gauteng.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Cook's post match interviews have been a ****ing disgrace.

"They are no supermen."

"There were no magic balls."

"Maybe Jonny Bairstow was the only one that was a good piece of bowling..."

How about some credit to the opposition? Ah well, keep talking. Maybe you will admit things and step out of denial when the score is 4-0. What a ****.

Groundking

International Debutant
Cook's post match interviews have been a ****ing disgrace.

"They are no supermen."

"There were no magic balls."

"Maybe Jonny Bairstow was the only one that was a good piece of bowling..."

How about some credit to the opposition? Ah well, keep talking. Maybe you will admit things and step out of denial when the score is 4-0. What a ****.
Well it's true really, we have gotten out because of absolutely ****ing dire shots with players losing their minds...

ImpatientLime

International Regular
liam dawson?!

ahahahahahahahaha

20 @ 43 in last years county championship.

i mean **** me dead that is a terrible selection.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sick and tired of this anti-somerset bias. first tres gets overlooked for 10 years now this.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

Well Keats mum is from Sunderland and he feels England is his home.